cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We'll tell them to stop reporting"? What does this mean?

tag
kingkai1990
Contributor

"We'll tell them to stop reporting"? What does this mean?

So , if I pay the orignal creditor in full and they tell me "they'll tell the CA to stop reporting" Does this mean that it will be off my record and not ''paid in full''? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: "We'll tell them to stop reporting"? What does this mean?

If I were you I'd get them to either mail or email you a letter confirming that once you pay the account, they will ask each credit bureau to delete the tradeline. "Stop reporting" could just mean that they'll stop sending monthly updates with the negative status - which is fine, but not anywhere as good as getting the account deleted.

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 2 of 3
kingkai1990
Contributor

Re: "We'll tell them to stop reporting"? What does this mean?

@Jamex wrote:

If I were you I'd get them to either mail or email you a letter confirming that once you pay the account, they will ask each credit bureau to delete the tradeline. "Stop reporting" could just mean that they'll stop sending monthly updates with the negative status - which is fine, but not anywhere as good as getting the account deleted.

Ok, interesting. Because I asked if they could delete it from my credit report...they said they would send a letter. But kind of hard because I kind of needed to pay the bill ASAP. Oh well, maybe I will send a BBB complaint. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.