I know this is old but maybe someone can help me. I have the remark on a few debt collectors for medical bills. I had disputed because I had insurance at the time but the providers failed to file the detailed information so the bills were not paid. Unfortunately I was imprisoned a month after the incidents for two years and had no way of receiving the letters or notices.
the remark has no effect on your credit score if thats what your worried about...when you dispute an item the remark starts as "account in dispute" once the dispute ends the item is either deleted updated and/or verified and sometimes the remark you see is notated on file
Who are the CA's and amounts? May fall into the med collection deletion once paid catagory.
What are CA's?
and in the remark who exactly is the "consumer"?
the bills are for abulance and ER visits, x-ray and such.. if CA's are collecters. Hmm... you can't do screen shots but, i.e 3 are Capio partners collecting for Radiology Partners and two other med . Wakefield and Associates collecting for CEP America Illinois (Chicago Hospital). The tthing is they were. Both on equifac and transunion and now only 5 Re on transunion and 1 on eqiufax. They came off equifac except for the Wakefield and Associates.
Amounts are on TU:
capio partners: $415, $515, $2389
Wakefield & ass: $1587
amount on equifax;
wakefield and asso: $1587
capio has since been removed
Yes CA is collection agencies. Since its been 2 yrs might be an uphill battle. Effective July 1, 2022, paid medical collection debt will no longer be included on consumer credit reports.
1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.
Worst case is work out a payment plan and its gone once settled/paid. Those 2 dont pay for delete. (PFD)