cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"additional card holder" - how does it effect my score??

tag
Flamenco007

"additional card holder" - how does it effect my score??

My BK-7 was discharged November 2012 and I reaffirmed my existing credit line with Nordstrom. Always made timely payments and paid more than required. I just got a CLI from $1000 to $2000 (totally surprising since its just 4-5 months past BK)

QUESTION: My SO added me as additional card holder on an existing BofA Visa with $35,000.00 CL. Does anyone know how this account will be reported on my SS? Will it be reported with opening date and payment record of the existing card holder?? Will it be noted that I'm not the primary card holder and will it be reported as me being added at this point, April 2013?? I've been using his card for maybe a year, monthly use $1500-2000, which he pays off in full every months. So utilization rate is a plus just as the credit limit itself.

(Hopefully it will help me get a Nordstrom Visa since I'm in good graces with them)

Starting Score: 515 (11/2012)
Current Score: 575 (04/2013)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Nurturing My Garden

BK-7 discharged 11/2012 | last App 3/19/13 | App free until 1/1/2014 |
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: "additional card holder" - how does it effect my score??

If you mean an AU account when it reports you get instant everything about that TL.  CL, balance, history, late payments etc.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.