Call the hospital business office and see if they will work out a plan to pay it off. Then they may recall the debt from the CA. I work in a hospital and they have great deals to pay off debts.
Welcome to myFico
Medical collections are some of the easiest to get removed from your CRs, here are the steps that you should follow to address them:
1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.