cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-aged tradeline after paying judgment?

tag
Yanzi2002
Established Member

re-aged tradeline after paying judgment?

I had a default judgment placed against me by capital one in 2010. The original account shows the last activity in 2007. I'm trying to buy a home, but my credit score is sitting at 577 after close to 4 years of timely payments. I found out that capital one is showing the full balance of the judgment and that it's effecting my utilization (166%). Needless to say, I have to pay the judgment off. Just curious, is capital one going to update the tradeline from 2007 to 2012 even though I'm paying a lawyer and not directly through their company? I need every point I can get to reach 640!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: re-aged tradeline after paying judgment?

@Yanzi2002 wrote:

I had a default judgment placed against me by capital one in 2010. The original account shows the last activity in 2007. I'm trying to buy a home, but my credit score is sitting at 577 after close to 4 years of timely payments. I found out that capital one is showing the full balance of the judgment and that it's effecting my utilization (166%). Needless to say, I have to pay the judgment off. Just curious, is capital one going to update the tradeline from 2007 to 2012 even though I'm paying a lawyer and not directly through their company? I need every point I can get to reach 640!

The DOFD shouldn't change.  Once you get it paid off, see if the lawyer will vacate it.  Worth a try.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
Yanzi2002
Established Member

Re: re-aged tradeline after paying judgment?

I'm definately going to try! Not sure how willing to cooperate they will be. They refused a settlement. Considered taking them to court to get it vacated because the court paperwork stated they served me personally, a 6 foot african american male in their 30's. I'm a 5'7 white female, mid 20's. Unfortunately, only 1 lawyer was willing to take my case and it would've cost me $1000. Delaware doesn't like to vacate judgments. I believe you get less than a month to appeal and it wasn't until 6 months ago that I found out it was there. The score simulator here says paying the debt should be enough to raise me to where I need to be.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.