cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reaging with Calvary Portfolio

tag
Emcee1972

reaging with Calvary Portfolio

Hi this is my first post,  I had an account with OC Citifinancial. Then it went to collections with Calvary Portfolio.. The drop off dates are different and I just need any guidance to know if this is truly reaged. Luckily, I kept my old credit report when the OC was still reporting. This was the only way I could show you my credit report. I had the hardest time trying to copy and paste this information. I was trying all daySmiley Sad

https://cloud.acrobat.com/file/d50e85f2-9c28-464f-8856-1321bb1f5c29

https://cloud.acrobat.com/file/6d14a765-0139-4cb6-8bd5-f66a9238e9ea

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: reaging with Calvary Portfolio

Drop off dates are CRA estimates, usually based on adding 7 years to the reported DOFD.

What is commonly called improper or illegal reaging refers to reporting an inaccurate DOFD.

The CRAs produce estimated/expected exclusion dates based on the reported DOFD.

The debt collector reports the DOFD, not an estimated exclusion date.

In order to determine whether improper reaging of the exlcusion date has occured, one must have the actual DOFD that was reported by the debt collector.

If the OC previously reported the DOFD on their account, then the debt collector should have reported that same date.......

Message 2 of 7
Emcee1972

Yes so per my link above,being that citifinancial shows file being on record until august 2015 and in my other link calvary is showing the file will remain on record until jan 2016 should I dispute with cra or the ca?

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DOFD occurs under the OC account, and they are the source of knowledge as to its date.

If the OC has reported their DOFD to the CRA, the debt colelctor is obligated per FCRA 623(a)(5) to also report that same date.

You dont dispute estimeted or projected drop dates, as they are not reported to a CRA.

Any dispute would be of the accuracy of the DOFD.

Once you obtain the reported DOFD, if the reporing of the debt collector differs from that of the OC, you can dispute its accuracy.

I would dispute via the CRA, as they have access to both reportings, and can see any discrepancy.

Message 4 of 7
Emcee1972

Thank you for your helpSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Emcee1972

Just an update- I disputed this inquiry through Experian. Experian sent my supporting documents to Calvary. I received an updated credit report in the mail saying that Calvary only updated the account. I called Experian and re explained the situation. Experian then said they will do an internal review. Experian called me back the same day and stated they will delete the Calvary account.
Message 6 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Emcee1972 wrote:
Just an update- I disputed this inquiry through Experian. Experian sent my supporting documents to Calvary. I received an updated credit report in the mail saying that Calvary only updated the account. I called Experian and re explained the situation. Experian then said they will do an internal review. Experian called me back the same day and stated they will delete the Calvary account.

Congrats.  That shenanigans is showing up on multiple collectors, usually the debt buyers.  Had an OC removed for this.

Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.