Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuilding my credit at 623 right now need help to get to 700

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rebuilding my credit at 623 right now need help to get to 700

hey guys so ive been rebuilding my credit for a couple years now. i have decent amount of cards but ive been reading some of them r bad. im sitting at 623 for my score. my creidt ult is at 38%. i have a bill that a deg item. should i pay that off n get it off my report? should i get rid of any my cards? any input would be helpful!!!! heres the list of my card

blaze

legacy

captial one sec

merrick

victoria secert

express 

gamestop

indigo

credit one

kohls

discover it just got it

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bass_playr
Established Contributor

Re: rebuilding my credit at 623 right now need help to get to 700

You have not provided enough info for us to know.  For one thing, if you're just trying to get your score to 700 and not anything else, there are other factors that you are not considering.  Having a 700 score is great, but for example, if you have a very high DTI, you can still be denied additional credit.  Generally speaking, and in my personal opinion, two things you can focus on are lowering your utilization and getting any negative accounts paid--and hopefully, removed from your report.  But we cannot see your full report, so just listing the cards you have does not tell us anything.  How about your total credit picture---do you have a mix of accounts, such as personal loans, car loans, mortgage?  Or do you have just cards?  There are a lot of factors that go into your score.  What score are you going off of?  Is it your FICO, or is it the freebe score that you get in places like creditkarma?  They are not the same and will not react the same to changes.  With all those cards, do you have any late pays being reported in payment history?  That matters too.  

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

its my fico score. i have a car loan. no i dont have any late payments on my cards at all. i just want to reach 700 in a couple of months n then push for 850 obvi. i know my ult is huge for credit score. just looking for more tips to improve on my score. 

Message 3 of 6
bass_playr
Established Contributor

Well, I would not get any more cards.  And I would focus on getting your utilization down.  I think with that, if you keep util down and maintain good payment history, it would probably come up.  AAoA is also a factor, but your payment history is 35% of your total score.  Did you say you had one negative?  If so, I'd work on clearing that one off of there and get your util down.  work on getting to AZEO and see what happens to your score then.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes one negative on there i was going to call n see what i can do. most of my cards r low besides 3 that r high. im finishing the lows off this month n then knock off alot on the big ones.

Message 5 of 6
bass_playr
Established Contributor

You might consider sending that negative creditor a letter offering to pay the balance if they agree to delete it from your report.  It depends on who is reporting it.  Some, like Portfolio Recovery, will report it to the bitter end.  Others are more flexible....especially if they are going to be getting paid.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.