Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recvd response from OC letter..they declined to respond

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

recvd response from OC letter..they declined to respond

I sent lady scarlets OC letter to a creditor who verified an acct with the CRA.   I just got their response.  

We have reported to the cra agencies that the above account is in dispute.

We have reviewed your recent letter concerning your claim that the bank has an obligation under federal law to validate the debt within 30 days of your letter.  We respectfully disagree with your interpretation of the applicable law and thus decline to respond further to your inquiry.

Sincerely
xxxxx

What??   This was a gas card.  BP?Citibank.  Charged off.  Later paid.  I sent gw and their response was they could not find my account send more info.  So I disputed hoping they could not verify.   they verified and I sent OC letter.    Do they have to respond?    What do I do now??

Thanks!!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: recvd response from OC letter..they declined to respond

They have to respond..or delete...
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays will come along later and maybe she can help you. I think she knows about the OC letter. I am not sure what governs the OC regarding investigating the accounts. I know it isn't FDCPA.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

bumpSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

thats awful. I Wish I could be of more help, did you dispute inaccurete info witht he cra /MOV yet?
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any suggestions?Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone please help me.  I don't know what the next step should be.  Thanks.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure what your next step would be. You could do a search on the forum about debt validation to get more information.  There is a couple of DV examples in this thread:

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response but I don't think that I can dv an OC.  I will keep searching and maybe someone else will have some info too.Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays posted the OC letter on the other day..you can DV them..if you have disputed..and they have verified...it's just like a DV letter...
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.