Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removed as authorized user but still on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

removed as authorized user but still on credit report

I asked citibank to remove me as an authorized user on my husband's account.  They told me that they already had (back in Nov.) but it is still showing up on my credit report.  My credit report shows that it was last reported in Nov. but the balance is still calculated in my overall utilization.  How do I get this off my report?  WAMU lists an authorized user removal as "account terminated" and the balance does not show up on my credit report.  When I asked citi to list the account as such they told me that there is nothing else they can do on their end.  Is this true?  What should I do?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: removed as authorized user but still on credit report

Just dispute "not mine" and it will never come back-
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I just had two companies agree to remove 30 day lates from my credit report.  Should I wait until the lates are removed or should I dispute the citi account now?
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jamaraz1 wrote:
Thanks.  I just had two companies agree to remove 30 day lates from my credit report.  Should I wait until the lates are removed or should I dispute the citi account now?

It wouldn't hurt to dispute Citi now. Unless you want to wait for the free credit report you'll get following the dispute results to see the update on your other two accounts.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that if you dispute something on your credit report then your account is "frozen" during the dispute process.  Meaning that other creditors couldn't update your file during the 30 day dispute period.  Is this true?
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Good thought, seems like I heard that once too. But early in the repair process last August, I disputed everything on my CR, well almost everything. Bad idea. But during the dispute period on all 3 CRAs, I was able to app many times over and did see CC updates once the cards opened up. I don't believe it would be "frozen".
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.