Did you mean: 

removing lates

tag
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

removing lates

Hi,

I've been reading old threads here, and I have a question:

I have 3 Cap One accounts that fell +180 days late in 2004. They agreed to a repayment plan I set up through a CCCS, and I eventually paid them all in full. They were never turned over to a CA, always dealt direct with Cap One even though one lists as paid/charge off. Although they now all show $0 balance, pays as agreed, they still show 50> +180 day lates.

I was going to GW them, but from my past experience with them, and from previous posts here, I don't think they'll be receptive. One previous poster suggested disputing old lates, because the OC's won't bother to validate and will just drop off. I don't need the credit history, I have older (and better) history on my account.

Which is better: gw'ing, or disputing?

Thanks!

*********ooops, meant to say disputing old PAID lates!*************

Message Edited by BIRDWRITER on 07-30-2008 01:28 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: removing lates

Hi BirdWriter and Welcome to the myFICO fora! A successful GW with Cap1 will be very difficult. I suggest a GW using planetfeedback. com. GL!

Also, please be aware that discussions regarding disputing accurate information for the purposes of improving your credit score and/or profile are a violation of  myFICO's Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines.  Please read this thread before posting anything further regarding credit repair.

Thanks for contributing to these forums and for your cooperation!

--fused
Message 2 of 4
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

Sorry my post sounded bad, I'm a newbie and a natural blonde to boot! Smiley Tongue

I didn't mean to imply I wanted to dispute a valid debt...I thought it was acceptable to dispute a paid in full but reporting late debt on the grounds that the creditor had agreed to delete for paid. Cap One continued to report me as late for the full four years I paid them through the CCCS, although each time I called they made vague references to possibly clearing up the negative info at some indistinct point in the future. Yeah, right! In addition, they continued to charge me over limit and late fees for nearly two years until the CCCS finally convinced them to stop. I ended up paying about $2300 each on 4 $1000 cc's!

I had other baddies from back in 2004, including 2 Prov/WaMu cards, and they worked with me and removed most of the lates, but Cap One won't seem to budge.

AAggghhhh!
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

All you can do is GW. Try calling too. There have been a rash of success stories come of late.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.