cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score dropped 40 + points

tag
krislild

score dropped 40 + points

I have a new unsecured cc 300 limit and a jewelery store cc 2500 added to profile and it dropped my score. Nothing else has changed. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Re: score dropped 40 + points

2 new accounts and hard pulls... Working as intended...

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you getting your score from? And what accounts did you have before adding these two?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems pretty high for 2?

Message 4 of 8
krislild

Credit karma I had only one other open account I have one closed premier but not in collections yet been trying to catch it with off but no luck they say they don't do pay for deletes
Message 5 of 8
Sheridan
Regular Contributor

My Barclays card reported yesterday and my TU score dropped 19 points. It messed up my whole day because I'm no longer in the yellow 😢

Message 6 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@krislild wrote:
Credit karma I had only one other open account I have one closed premier but not in collections yet been trying to catch it with off but no luck they say they don't do pay for deletes

Ignore the Credit Karma score - it is a Vantage score and highly volatile IME.  The FICO formula is much more stable. CK is good to check your balances reporting and TLs reporting date etc, but the score is worthless.

Message 7 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@krislild wrote:

Since you got it from Credit Karma it is a Vantage 3.0 score and not a TU Fico score. It reacts quite a bit different so do not worry too much and enjoy your new CCs.  Congrats!  Use CreditKarma to check what is on your report and for this purpose  it is a really  nice and free tool.  You can also use Credit.com (EX) CreditSesame (EX) or Quizzle (EQ) to compare and will find out that even Fakos from the same bureau will vary greatly. It is all about formulas!  Fico score will react a bit different.  But still inquiries, new accounts and lower the AAoA will give you a ding but  with time it will have less impact. Take it as a hint not to apply for too many cards in a short period of time.  Right now my CK score and my TU Fico are pretty close but I had times where there was 80+ points difference...this just to show how much of a difference it could be. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.