Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple interest installment question wells fargo dealer services dispute

tag
kittywitty
Contributor

simple interest installment question wells fargo dealer services dispute

so on a simple interest auto loan can they report me late in november when no payment was due? only a past due balance from oct (75 payment) they can not legally charge me a late fee after october so can they report me late legally? they changed the terms of contract after accepting a paymend so credit reporting is all wacked. they claimed they had to move my due date up 2 weeks as it had to match my contract for some reason it didn't match. orginally i had to 8/31 to pay off the car but when they moved my due date up 2 weeks they also moved my maturity date up 2 weeks and credit reporting had  already started with the orginal terms. so i noticed they charged me a late fee in november  but not in dec, jan or feb. they are also not reporting my first 4 payments at all so it looks like i had a payment due in february that was 90-119 days late when in reality the last payment due in oct was late. i only owed 1/2 of the last payment but they applied payments to prinipal not to late fee's so they added 4 late fee's from july, aug, sept, oct to the end of the loan and then report not more then 4 payments past due. i was never 4 payments past due. i also notice my contract says dealer charged me and paid on my behalf the loan processing fee but they actually added it to my loan as a deferred payment due out of 1st payment's prinipal it shows i was charged -63.70 and then another charge as a positive 125.00.  they also have my loan starting 7/31 instead of 7/23 (day i bought car) way more went to interest on 1st payment then what any loan caculator says. trying to bust them on breach of contract somehow. it is hard to prove b/c my orginal due date did not match my contract due to the shady car dealer being friends with the shady girls at wfds. according to experian reporting the last half of payment was PAID in nov. they are not showing the actual amts paid, only showing when due and when paid.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: simple interest installment question wells fargo dealer services dispute

Once you are delinquent based on a billing due date set in a bll, you are delinquent until the account is returned to paid as agreed status.

If a prior billing set a due date of 8/31, then it is late under your account agreement after 831, and then becomes reportable to a CRA as a 30-late as of 9/30.

A change in bllling due dates after 8/31 would not afffect the continued delinquency reaching 60 or 90 days late based on the 8/31 billing date.

Message 2 of 3
kittywitty
Contributor

Re: simple interest installment question wells fargo dealer services dispute

the account is reported currect in july so legally i only had 3 payments left not 4 so how am i 4 payments past due? my quess since they charged me a late fee in november when no payment was due so no late fee should had be added. late was added because that is the month they stole from me in paying back the loan so their credit reporting is wacked as well. hate them

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.