Not applicable

Re: speaking with a CA reset SOL

Thank you for the reassurance!

Message 11 of 17
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If it were me I'd do everything over the phone, I've never sent a written pfd, but I know the general rule is to avoid phone contact

I as well.  If oral negotiations broke down, then paper trail started with BBB or CFPB.  Do not have time for postal in this day and age.  Just me.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdtobefree wrote:

Paper trail paper trail paper trail. Can you prove a verbal agreement? Will a verbal agreement hold up in court if it goes to court?  

Record the call. Perfectly legal in ALL states.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got the email this morning, they said it would be better to get it this way than wait for the mail, but it was not what we had agreed. It states 2200 december 29th and 4500 on the 15th of January. Since this is not what I had agreed to do I call them back or send a letter in?

Message 14 of 17
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Call them and tell them that these are not the terms that both CA and you agreed on and that you would be happy to pay them once you have the letter in hand.

Message 15 of 17
elim
Senior Contributor

on the edge of my seat...  great thread   :]    good luck op!  keep us posted!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!

So after countless back and forth. I finally won! I spoke to a supervisor and told him that I was told in November that I was offered 3700 as paid in full by one of the CSR's that I spoke too (which was true). ([a month later}I had actually wanted to pay the 4000 like agreed but they wanted 6700. ) I told him that at the time I didnt have that much saved  and can now pay it off in one transaction if they agreed to have the account settled in full and report a zero balance. (at this point I knew I was not going to get a delete. I figured once it states 0 and settled in full  I will GW the hell out of Navient) Was put on hold and another Supervisor came on who had more authority I guess and said ok. Of course I wasnt going to pay until I had that in writing and I did. He emailed the agreements and I paid the 3700. All of this happened Monday! SO i ended up saving 300 dollars. This is a great way to end the year!! No more phone calls!!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.