cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spoke to CRA,they refused,Must i still send pre-hippa letter or can i send letter 2 to OC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

spoke to CRA,they refused,Must i still send pre-hippa letter or can i send letter 2 to OC?

I called the CRA and spoke to the supervisor and asked if i was to pay amount in full would she be willing to remove the report and refused to have the report removed from my credit report because its against the law.So now what?Do i still send the pre-hippa letter to the CRA or can i now go ahead and try letter 2 to the OC which is a hospital?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: spoke to CRA,they refused,Must i still send pre-hippa letter or can i send letter 2 to OC?

I am not sure why you spoke to the CRA about deletion unless you meant the CA (Collection Agency ) and if you did mean the CA you should not talk to them at all follow the Hipaa process as it has been outlined in Fused and Happy Days siggys and you will be fine.
Message 2 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: spoke to CRA,they refused,Must i still send pre-hippa letter or can i send letter 2 to OC?

jerzstyle00 wrote:
I called the CRA and spoke to the supervisor and asked if i was to pay amount in full would she be willing to remove the report and refused to have the report removed from my credit report because its against the law.So now what?Do i still send the pre-hippa letter to the CRA or can i now go ahead and try letter 2 to the OC which is a hospital?

If you can pay the hospital collections in full, send letter #1, the pre-HIPAA dispute letter, to the CRAs via CMRRR. This letter can be found in the med collections link in my sig line.
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Send the pre-HIPAA letter CMRRR first! Wait 35 (including mail time) days for the dispute results. If the collection is not deleted, send letter #2 to the OC CMRRR using insert "A" and payment for the full amount --be sure to write for deposit only on the back of the check. Do not communicate with the CA.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha...I have another collections account posted in my credit report but its directly from the OC.What steps can i take to remove it off my report.Do i send letter#2 with option b? I believe insurance should have paid 100% of it.Please let me know what steps to take with this matter.
Message 5 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

jerzstyle00 wrote:
Gotcha...I have another collections account posted in my credit report but its directly from the OC.What steps can i take to remove it off my report.Do i send letter#2 with option b? I believe insurance should have paid 100% of it.Please let me know what steps to take with this matter.

Are you saying that a doctor or a hospital is reporting a collection directly to the CRA? And, there is no CA on your report for the same collection?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe so.It seems the OC has an accounts person that deals with accounts of that office.So when i called i spoke to her about the bill and she claims the insurance didn't pay 100% of the bill for some reason so she asked me to call the insurance and find out why they didn't pay the whole bill.
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

A doctor's office or hospital cannot report directly to a CRA, something is wrong here. Check with your insurance to see if they will pay what's owed. You can use the HIPAA process for this collection too.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.