Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

state tax lien

tag
Zillarex
New Contributor

state tax lien

I had a Ohio state tax lien that was settled in 2007, but i failed to file it with the court for the release until 8-10......like an idiot i know.....i wrote a dispute and sent a copy of the release to the courts showing the date it was satisfied, but they still show the aged date as 2010.....is this legal or an error on their part?  guess my question is....since i didn't file it with the court until 2010 is this the actual release since the court had a filing fee???.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: state tax lien

I believe you are right.  They use the date you actually filed the release.

Message 2 of 5
Zillarex
New Contributor

That's what I was afraid of.
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 605(a)(3) defines the period of credit reporting inclusion for tax liens as:

"Paid tax liens which, from date of payment, antedate the report by more than seven years."

Date of recordation with the court is not the defined date for calculating expiration of credit report inclusion.

Payment of liens is documented by a "Certificate of Lien Release."  Do you have a certificate of release of the lien?

Message 4 of 5
Zillarex
New Contributor

Yes, I have the release the state sent me. I payed the tax off one month after they filed it against me. I just didn't record it in a timely manner. I sent the cra a dispute and a copy of the release, but still didn't change the aged date. What would be your recomindation and - truly appreciate your help.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.