Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrible credit but wants to buy a home

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: terrible credit but wants to buy a home

Yeah, I don't even plan on trying yet with such a low score lol. How does fingerhut work? I've never heard of it.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores were around yours up until the past couple weeks. Around 477. I managed to get a couple charge offs removed and I'm at about 503 now. I actually got denied for fingerhut but approved for a capital one secured card. I'd reccomend shooting for that. They seem to be pretty understanding with scores and rebuilding.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too, I didn't hear about it either until I saw a tv commercial for a phone I wanted. (that's actually how i got into repairing my credit)

It's an online/catalog store. They sell the regular stuff we shop for, except it's priced higher. I couldn't get approved for credit at the time but fingerhut gave me a chance. I took that chance & although they didn't approve me enough to get the phone, I used the $130 CL to buy a $50 dress. . . . When it reported to the bureaus on my reports, I  saw a 50 point increase on TU alone. I think it was 45 pts on Equifax. 

I researched reviews on them through google before I signed up & that's how i found this website. This was about 120 points ago about 6 months ago.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.