Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the way a charge off is reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

the way a charge off is reported

Hello! I'm confused about the way an old account is reported on my equifax report, It's showing as a co (collection) account since 2010 (every month in 2010 thats showing is a "co") but above it under "seven year payment history" it's showing those same co months as 90 days past due, this is a paid collection that I took care of but I know those 90 days are killing me! on my transunion it's showing something completley different, it's showing as 0 30day 0 60 day and 0 90 day, and the status says "payment after charge off/collection" anyone know why or if this is reported wrong? thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: the way a charge off is reported

Bump Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
madmann26
Valued Contributor

That's a question for the CA or the OC to answer/update/fix.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Sorry but I dont understand.    Is it the OC reporting this or the CA?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Each individual state of account delinquency is properly reportable, with each standing on its own merits.

Payment of a debt does not negate the presence of the prior derogs, and does not require any deletion of their reporting.  Later reporting of payment status is totally separate from prior reporting of delinquencies.

It is very common and proper for one debt to show mulltiple reported derogs, such as a 30 late followed by a 60/90, etc., late then a charge-off, and also a collection.

Each as its own credit report deletion date.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.