Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

there are so much correction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

there are so much correction

Hello and welcome to the forums. I hope you don't mind that I've edited your post only by breaking it into smaller paragraphs. One large block of words is very hard to read and many people will go right past it and you might miss out on some good advice because of that.

Marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

April 21, 2011

hi, viewed my "credit report" there are so much corrections to make.  Printed the reports, some of the errors are from auto lenders, and the credit report shows no payments made at all when these balances were paid in full.  One is a car i really liked, made timely payments, and the axle was "totalled" sideswept into a metal roadside fixture, in a flashflood about 10 mph..  Because of the year of the car, the electronic functions, they totalled it. I have to contact two companies, the lender i puchased the car with, plus the purchase price is inflated $3,000, and the insurance company. The purchase date matches, it isnt an error from someone else's acct.

There is a "collection" from a cable company i paid in full, they sent the deposit check to my son's address, his wife cashed the check, tho i paid their balance in full. Somehow my payment was deleted and it ended in collections, the cable company  response was someone cashed the check. It was a $60 deposit, it wasnt a "fee for service". this gets technical, almost worth hiring someone unnattached emotionally to these five discrepancies on the acct.  Another acct shows a balance of over $100 a clothing manufacturer.

They recently, this last year contacted me about opening an acct with them.  I was thinking i owed them $70 years ago, called to pay within the year, and they said the acct was closed. This recent contact they said my acct was in good standing, no credit problems.  A move from state-to -state was the most lengthy problem i experienced, and paid every paycheck to pay utilities in the previous state, rent in the residence state, telephone bills, this is where i was thinking i missed their $70 payment.

There are at least two additional accts to be disputed, gosh, i need a full time asst. or i need to take this very slow. I am grateful for the opportunity to see this, rather than "guess" over the telephone as to the "collection" or any delinquent report.  I was always very careful with my credit, it was nonexistent. I never owed anyone, paid my tuition, and books, paid cash for cars needed for nightschool,, and used inexpensive insurance, plus public transportation in the day.to and from work.. 

I've never lived this way, and i need to fix this. My third grandson is on the way,. and my son is lectured so he doesnt want (demand) money, he knows money goes to the bank or credit union, and to take home things he needs, save things he wants for when we get our home and peace of mind.  He needs money for peace of mind, and his growing family. 

Once i fix my credit, I will repair his credit. I was injured and he didnt care because there was nooone to help him other than me, if i died, he'sd pay it with insurance, or fix it if i lived. He used every bank and credit card in the state, to keep his family off the street a few months, he lost his furniture, things he's kept for years, almost everything he cared about, the baby's things went into small storage until my taxes got them out.

, he eventually put a deposit and got them resettled. He was injured too, and his functioning is at best, peaceful, tho very challenging, he needs peace of mind. Thank you for listening, have a good day. Peace.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: there are so much correction

Long read but I think I got the general idea of it.  You need to start with the most current problem and work your way backward.  Also don't try to jump into the deep end of the pool, rather wade into it slowly.

Take it one step at a time.  Post your most recent baddie and the circumstances around it and we'll start from there.  Don't let it overwhelm you.  There is light at the end of the tunnel and best of luck to you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.