Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to figure out what this means...

tag
16paws
Valued Member

trying to figure out what this means...

Good Evening All....  Has anyone ever seen a status state "Repossession"  when it's not a vehicle, but a charged off/bad debt account? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Re: trying to figure out what this means...

Sounds like someone accidentally entered the wrong code to me.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@16paws wrote:

Good Evening All....  Has anyone ever seen a status state "Repossession"  when it's not a vehicle, but a charged off/bad debt account? 

Who is the creditor? What type of account is it?

Message 3 of 4
16paws
Valued Member

Well, here is my post from monday, where I didn't rcve any responses.  GE is the OC referenced both in this original thread and the following.  I had sent TU an online dispute for GE - but it was for the lates after we settled "in full"  TU sent back just today actually, the results - saying they too removed the LVNV, but they changed the GE was charge off to Repossession.  On equifax we didn't rcve any score change on their end as they just stated no change in the GE account, that it was charge off/sold, etc.. Well today, we get a scorealert for a change - 22 point drop - because now they are showing Repossession also in the status line.  The only thing I can think of is that TU contacted EQ.  I'm sick over this....

Good Afternoon All...I'll try and make this as painless as possible in the confusion department!  We had an OC where we settled for $507 less then the balance due back in 2008.  When I pulled the CR last month, it showed new line by LVNV Collections for the balance of $507.00...When we settled the OC, we rcvd docs to show settled as paid in full, etc...I disputed this to Equifax (along with another line) and provided a copy of the original letter stating paid in full.  Well, I rcvd a letter today (dated August 9th) from Equifax stating that the item (LVNV) has been deleted from the credit file.   However, I have not (well, my hubby) rcvd any scorewatch notification stating that a change happened in our Credit report.  The other item I had disputed had an alert and a slight score increase of 8 points on 8/10/2010 (that one was for an auto loan that we paid off last year, but it was stating 30 days late in the current status line, even though we were never late)  I pulled the remaining score power report today and it is the same as before - except the LVNV is gone, and the auto loan updated to pays as agrees, never late.  My questions are:  1.  I really am disappointed that we didn't receive SOME kind of score increase from this removal!  Is it still possible?  Does equifax update scores the same day changes are made?  2.  I thought scorewatch gave you updates when any type of activity happens on your file..Is this correct?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.