Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ummm... Midland deleted???!!!?!?!

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

ummm... Midland deleted???!!!?!?!

I recently corrected some personal information on my Experian and Transunion reports. PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY. Got the results today and Midland was no longer haunting my credit reports. Huh?

No DV or PFD was sent at all because I don't have the money to negotiate. The only thing I did recently was call T-Mobile to verify the balance and try to PFD for a lesser amount with them. It was a no-go. They would only have Midland delete if I PIF. Hmmm...

I know since the debt is valid, it can always come back (until 8/2015 anyway), and it'll stay in my file til paid, but.... I'LL TAKE IT!

Haha, Midland! Smiley LOL

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: ummm... Midland deleted???!!!?!?!

Keep in mind if it does get re-inserted the CRA will have to notify you with in 5 days. Your score could take a big hit.

Message 2 of 11
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

If it gets re-inserted or Midland pulls my credit, can I start the DV process all over again so that at least I can stop collection activity for a while?

Since I already verified with T-Mobile, my plan was to pay T-Mobile in full with some money I'm expecting in a few months. I didn't want to deal with Midland at all and just surprised they were gone. I don't want them back!

Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 3 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

If it gets re-inserted or Midland pulls my credit, can I start the DV process all over again so that at least I can stop collection activity for a while?

Since I already verified with T-Mobile, my plan was to pay T-Mobile in full with some money I'm expecting in a few months. I didn't want to deal with Midland at all and just surprised they were gone. I don't want them back!

Who owns the debt? T-Mobile or Midland? 

Message 4 of 11
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

I'm assuming T-Mobile. I'm still not understanding how that gets verified. But T-Mobile said they could accept my payment in full and pull Midland from my credit reports. T-Mobile isn't reporting on my credit.

Message 5 of 11
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Be advised, they cannot.

Yes, they can (if they still own it) pull the debt back and take your payment. If they are listed in ADDITION to midland, they can delete their own entry.

They cannot legally require midland to delete their entry. They could recommend they do so, and maybe midland would do so based on that recommendation. Just sayin, dont take their word that they will get midlands entry off your CR based on them 'requiring' midland to do so.

Message 6 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

I'm assuming T-Mobile. I'm still not understanding how that gets verified. But T-Mobile said they could accept my payment in full and pull Midland from my credit reports. T-Mobile isn't reporting on my credit.

midland will be the only ones if they wish to delete the tl. all they are required to do is update the tl showing a $0 bal. pay t-mobile then gw the ca for removal of tl

Message 7 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

Keep in mind if it does get re-inserted the CRA will have to notify you with in 5 days. Your score could take a big hit.

This is only the case if the account was deleted due to a dispute with the CRAs.

Message 8 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

good point. i'm only on 3 hrs of sleep Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 11
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

/dcc send dabears columbian dark roast 40oz

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.