Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

util confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

util confusion

Hello Everyone,
I'm very confused with how the util is calculated because I don,t have any credit cards open, yet they are still reporting me to have a 155% util Smiley Sad please help me figure this out. I have an open mortgage, cj,and 4sl

thanks in advance,
waiting on my new house 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: util confusion

looking4help wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I'm very confused with how the util is calculated because I don,t have any credit cards open, yet they are still reporting me to have a 155% util Smiley Sad please help me figure this out. I have an open mortgage, cj,and 4sl

thanks in advance,
waiting on my new house 

CJ? Crown Jewelers? If so, you have one open CC account. That factors into utilization.

You'd also have to factor into your utilization any CC CO accounts you have. They count into utilization up to the point it gets sold (reports then $0 or deleted).
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for answering that question. Still does not make sense to me because even with the closed the util should be much lower. The CJ is reporting 2500 with a balance of 50. The util should have went down but instead up from 122% to 155%. Help!!!!!!!

Thanks
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When an account is closed with a bal $$$   the CL on that account doesn not count BUT  what you owe does count.

It is total CL v total UTIL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.