Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what next?

So I am making great progress I think.   I started out in the 500's and now have   

TU 654      EX 656      EQ 586

I dont know what else I can do.  I have a lot of lates with Capital One Auto from a closed auto loan in 2005 that I am GWing but ofcourse we all know how they are.

I also have 2 paid CO's that wont come off until 2011.  I have been sending gw's but so far all say no.  It is citibank/bp and first premiere.

My positives are listed as a long history and recent on time payments.
On EQ I have 3 open accounts.  One installment acct 594/2350
 One revolving  100/500     Another revolving 287/1000
I also have a CJ acct  24/2500 (EX & TU)

I do have about 7 medical collections.  Some of which I can pay now but would probably leave me 2 collections.

I thought about opening another revolving but I was not sure if that would hurt more than help.  I also would like to apply for a mortgage within the next 6 months so I dont want to apply for new credit.

Any suggestions??  Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what next?

Check out whychat hipaa and try and get those medical collections taken care of.

Have you asked the provider about removing the accounts from collection and allowing you to PIF?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, actually I am working with the OC on a couple of them now.  They said they will remove. 

I have one CA that has about 3 or 4 of these collections.  They must really stress with the OC that they are in charge. So far everyone of their accts the OC will not accept payment, says deal with CA. 
My dw also has this same CA for one acct and it is the only one she has.  So far they say no to gw's too.
Have you used the whycat method?  I've read it but it is confusing.  I will have to re-read.

Thanks for your help! 
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical collections.........if the OC will not work with you....there is 1 question that you must ask....is the account assigned or sold?

NEVER talk to or have anything to do wit a CA.....if you do you may lost your right to use the HIPPA letters.

You may call an OC on medical.....but the info is just for your imfo.  You would still dispute with all CRAs reporting.........the CA  reporting (most medical have a CA reporting)

Use the HIPPA dispute letter        this is how these letters work    HIPPA has more power then any DV and will get things deleted.

To protect your rights under HIPAA, you should not write or correspond with a Collection Agency regarding a medical collection account within SOL.
This process is not applicable if the account is valid and you are unable to pay.  The medical claim must either be paid, inaccurate, or you are prepared to remit the valid correct amount due with the HIPAA letter.
The Pre-HIPAA letter is sent to the CRA to dispute medical collection accounts on your CR that are within SOL and are:  paid, valid but unpaid, "not mine" or inaccurate.
  1. Dispute a paid medical collection directly with the CRA and they should delete.  If not deleted, but verified, send HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert b). 
  2. Dispute valid but unpaid medical collections because you need the CRA to verify the balance.  There may be no valid balance due and the CRA will delete.  Only after the CRA has verified and you agree that the amount is correct is the HIPAA letter sent with payment (Whychat's process - insert a).  The payment amount should be the same amount as was verified by the CRA and on your CR.
  3. If the medical collection account is "not mine" or inaccurate, you need to have disputed the medical collection listing with the CRA.  Only after the CRA verifies and does not delete an invalid or inaccurate medical collection do you send the HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert a or b).

Dear CRA,
My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.
I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.
I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx being reported by xxxxxxx
Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service,and to whom the service was provided, as any account I might have had would be obsolete.
If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.
Please mail me an updated report when this dispute is compleded,at the address listed below. 

Very truly yours,

xxxxxx
TYPE NOME
ADDY

Under the new HIPPA LAW.....the CRAs  MUST  contact the OC and get all the info. ( a DV they do not)

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-16-2008 09:46 AM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Happy

I believe the accounts have just been assigned.  The OC said they would receive their portion of the payment from the CA when paid.

So let me get this straight. These are my steps for an unpaid medical collection

1. dispute with CRA with the dispute letter you gave
2. when validated send hippa letter with insert a to the OC
or if it is already paid use insert b

I will get busy sending out these disputes.  Thanks a lot!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK this is wgat you do.  Send this HIPPA dispute to all CRAs reporting

Dear CRA,
My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.
I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.
I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx being reported by xxxxxxx

Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service,and to whom the service was provided, as any account I might have had would be obsolete.

If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

If you can not obtain the neededinformation from the oringinal creditor, as per HIPPA law, and within the correct time frame (30 days),

Please mail me an updated report when this dispute is compleded,at the address listed below. 

Very truly yours,

xxxxxx
TYPE NOME
ADDY

Under the new HIPPA LAW.....the CRAs  MUST  contact the OC and get all the info. ( a DV they do not)

After you receive an answer....there is another HIPPA letter that goes to the OC  with the payment.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-16-2008 10:46 AM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-16-2008 10:47 AM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Happy!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.