Did you mean: 

what to do after DV letters sent?

tag
adio413
Regular Contributor

what to do after DV letters sent?

hi everybody,

i'm back.

i sent out DV letters to several CAs a month ago and no one has replied except CBCS. i sent them a PFD letter 2 - 2.5 weeks ago and they haven't replied to me. my question is.......... after i send this next set of DV letters and the CAs still dont respond, what should my next move be?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: what to do after DV letters sent?

@adio413 wrote:

hi everybody,

i'm back.

i sent out DV letters to several CAs a month ago and no one has replied except CBCS. i sent them a PFD letter 2 - 2.5 weeks ago and they haven't replied to me. my question is.......... after i send this next set of DV letters and the CAs still dont respond, what should my next move be?

What were the context of the DVs? Were they timely, as in response to a dunning notification or were you just sending DVs to accounts you saw on your report?

CA's don't need to respond to a DV... if it was timely, it does impose a cease bar from collection activities, but if it wasn't timely it really doesn't require any action..

If I were in your position, I would evaluate which CA's i think will be the easiest to work wtih, based on research and start trying for PFDs..

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 6
adio413
Regular Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@adio413 wrote:

hi everybody,

i'm back.

What were the context of the DVs? Were they timely, as in response to a dunning notification or were you just sending DVs to accounts you saw on your report?

CA's don't need to respond to a DV... if it was timely, it does impose a cease bar from collection activities, but if it wasn't timely it really doesn't require any action..

If I were in your position, I would evaluate which CA's i think will be the easiest to work wtih, based on research and start trying for PFDs..

none were timely, just sending DVs to accounts on my credit report

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If untimely, then from their perspective, they can just continue normal collection on the debt.

Message 4 of 6
adio413
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If untimely, then from their perspective, they can just continue normal collection on the debt.

since thats what they may do, i can a.) PFD them b.)dispute them via the CRA and/or BBB....... am i right or am i missing something important here?

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

DVs are general requests for debt verification.  They dont require the consumer to assert or document inaccuracies.

If you wish to pursue disputes, you have the initial burden of asserting some inaccuracy, and providing some basis, preferably with supporting documentation, to support the allegation.  What would be the basis for a dispute?

If the dispute process is the chosen path, then one would normally not enter into payment negotiations until they are convinced that their issues have been addressed.

If CR deletion is your primary goal, then perhaps the dispute process will put that in limbo until you are prepared to offer payment.

Your next move depends.....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.