Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windham professional collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

windham professional collection

My son has a collection from a loan that he received directly from the university he attended. He didn't realize he had the debt until a couple years after graduation.

Anyway the original loan is $684.00 which windham now is trying to collect. My son has authorized me to speak to them as he lives out of the country. He gave me the $700 to pay them but they want nearly twice as much to clear the debt. I told them that I am not paying the difference and that my son doesn't make enough money to send another $700.

windham insists that the university will not allow them to take a settlement amount and they want interest and collection fees. Yet they called several days after our original conversation and the person stated they would check with their supervisor to possibly authorize a settlement.

So which is it? Do they accept the original debt amount as payment in full or do they not? Do I just stick to offering the original amount and make sure to get that in writing from them?

Also my son would like to eventually be able to get his transcripts when he applies to grad school, will this collection have any bearing on whether or not he can get the transcript?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.