Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wow that was FAST removal by TU!

tag
sandmage

wow that was FAST removal by TU!

saw my credit karma jump by +60pts today Smiley Very Happy

Apparantly i dont see anything on collections i disputed with the CRAs (TU & EQ) on there anymore.

TU just got the letter in the mail today and it was removed immediatly today. i even signed up for their report (free trial for 1$) to see if anything was on it,.

Looks like they removed it. Just waiting on EQ to respond. they havent gotten the dispute letter yet. is this typical to get it removed the same day as they recv the letter(hoping this isnt a glitch on their site)?

My questions are:

• What if TU removed it and EQ does not? what then?
  • I want to pay the OC for the correct amount i owe (the dispute was for inaccurate debt about). if i pay the OC will the CRAs ever reinstate the collection to "Paid in full" with the new amount?

thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: wow that was FAST removal by TU!

@sandmage wrote:

saw my credit karma jump by +60pts today Smiley Very Happy

Apparantly i dont see anything on collections i disputed with the CRAs (TU & EQ) on there anymore.

TU just got the letter in the mail today and it was removed immediatly today. i even signed up for their report (free trial for 1$) to see if anything was on it,.

Looks like they removed it. Just waiting on EQ to respond. they havent gotten the dispute letter yet. is this typical to get it removed the same day as they recv the letter(hoping this isnt a glitch on their site)? Can happen.

My questions are:

• What if TU removed it and EQ does not? what then? Each bureau makes their own decision based on the validity of the dispute, you could challenge it on something else being in error or just settle with the OC and try to get a PFD.
  •  
  • I want to pay the OC for the correct amount i owe (the dispute was for inaccurate debt about). if i pay the OC will the CRAs ever reinstate the collection to "Paid in full" with the new amount? If there is a CA reporting and you deal with the OC you should ask that they pull the collection back as part of your deal. If this is medical debt I suggest you re.search and Google the HIPAA process..

thanks

Message 2 of 5
sandmage

one more question i forgot to clearify. If the CRA removed the dispute... is there any way it can come back?

the oc said they sold the debt to the CA. will the CA ever dispute with the CRAs and cause this mess to be on my report again?

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@sandmage wrote:

one more question i forgot to clearify. If the CRA removed the dispute... is there any way it can come back? Yes, if they actually receive validation from the one who is reporting it, however if it does they must notify you within 5 days of reinserting it, by law.

the oc said they sold the debt to the CA. will the CA ever dispute with the CRAs and cause this mess to be on my report again? If the OC sold the debt to a CA the OC must report 0 balance transferred/sold on the entry. A CA would not have to dispute with a CRA just validate the entry they are reporting.

Message 4 of 5
sandmage

thanks dale6 for the quick reponses.

i need your advise on how to move fwd with this.

I'm still waiting on Equifax to do something.

So far TU has removed the collection from their side upon recving the dispute letter on the same day.

upon removing the dispute today do they also mail a letter to the CA to validate? or they just remove it and be done with it?

The debt was actually for utility bill. the OC did not close my account and continued with the billing activity so only a partial amount is correct(last month).

they seem to still have a balance on their end when i call them. They advised me that they will change the amount once i fax over a lease and date of vacancy letter (which i have both). Although they said even if i pay the partial, they will give the check to the CA and have the CA update their amount. Can the CA actually amend the debt amount on my credit reports?

what's the best way to do this so this doesnt turn up again on my credit report? I've already Dv'd the CA last week.

Do i wait for Equifax to do something then fax over the paperwork to the OC to amend the debt amount?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.