Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA? Did I do something wrong?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA? Did I do something wrong?

About two months ago I went my my OC on a medical dept that showed $260 dollars.  I showed them that this was incorrect on the balance should of been $160.  They agreed and wrote me a letter while I was there saying it should have never went to the CA and that they would have this deleted.  I checked my reports and it still show up.  I called the OC agian asking them when will the CA delete this.  Well I decided to call the CA yesterday to see what was the hold up.  They are telling me they have not recieved anything from the OC so I called the OC back asked again.  Well the CA that handles there account did not seem to like me calling her and I am worried did I make a mess of this now. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: CA? Did I do something wrong?

@Anonymous wrote:
About two months ago I went my my OC on a medical dept that showed $260 dollars.  I showed them that this was incorrect on the balance should of been $160.  They agreed and wrote me a letter while I was there saying it should have never went to the CA and that they would have this deleted.  I checked my reports and it still show up.  I called the OC agian asking them when will the CA delete this.  Well I decided to call the CA yesterday to see what was the hold up.  They are telling me they have not recieved anything from the OC so I called the OC back asked again.  Well the CA that handles there account did not seem to like me calling her and I am worried did I make a mess of this now. 

Hey Dave...I have not personally had this issue to deal with, but...I would first read this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=28996

Excellent information. 

I am going to take a shot at the answer & suggest you might have to DV the CA.(but still wait for a definite reply)  If anything, this reply will bump your question to the top.  Someone with much more experience at this can help you.

But in the mean time...read that page & the links provided within.  You can't have TOO much knowledge!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

BungalowMo wrote:

Hey Dave...I have not personally had this issue to deal with, but...I would first read this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=28996

Excellent information. 

I am going to take a shot at the answer & suggest you might have to DV the CA.(but still wait for a definite reply)  If anything, this reply will bump your question to the top.  Someone with much more experience at this can help you.

But in the mean time...read that page & the links provided within.  You can't have TOO much knowledge!!

The above is great advice, but it only applies to non-medical debts.

Someone will chime in and give you some specific advice pretty soon.

In the meantime, could you clarify if you've paid this. If you have, who did you make payment to?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I paid the OC at there office.  It was Medical but it had the wrong balance.   Before I paid I got them to write me a letter. 

Below is what they put on the letter it has the letter head on it and has been signed.

-------- is released from the Credit Bureau Collection Agency.  He has paid the amount in full.  The account was turned over in error, and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.  

I thought this would get deleted since I have the letter it has been around a month so I called to see where they were on getting this cleared up.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.