Yesterday I received a notice from the sheriff's department regarding a court date for medical bills from May of 2008. When I first got the bills I called the OC and asked if I could make payment arrangements but they wanted me to take out a loan instead with a 28% interest rate. After being in the hospital and off from work for more than 2 weeks, I could not afford to do it. This morning I went to the attorney's office who is handling the court action and paid the bills in full. They told me that they would notify NCO and have them to report it to the CRA. I have already completed Step 1 of the HIPAA process. Should I wait 30 days to see if NCO is going to remove the CA's or should I proceed with Step 2? Also, if I do by chance have to move to Step 3, should this letter be handwritten as well?