Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me with HIPPA

tag
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Help me with HIPPA

I followed the HIPPA process. I sent the paid insert HIPAA LETTER TO THE OC to the OC. The OC called me and said that they will not ask the CA to remove the entry. On DVing the CRA all I get is a statement of the paid account.

What shoud I do now?

Chanduwar

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help me with HIPPA

Ok, lets backup here. Did you do the following? And if you so, did you do them in the proper order?

Step #1: You must Opt Out of two things: Your Credit Reports and All Creditors. The first one ensures that the CRAs will not sell your personal data to anyone else (haha…no more data mining). The second one will prevent JDBs (and CAs) from buying and selling bogus collections.

Use this link to opt-out of your credit reports

OPT-OUT CREDIT REPORTS (or call 1.888.567.8688)

Use this link to opt-out from all of your CURRENT creditors that you're in GOOD standing with. Do not attempt to opt-out with any CAs or current creditors that you're in BAD standing with (i.e. charge-offs, or currently late).

OPT-OUT ALL CREDITORS

Step #2: Also, be sure to update your personal information with the CRA's before doing any credit repair.

Step #3: Send the pre-HIPAA dispute letter to the CRA ('s) CM (no RR, this is the only letter in the HIPAA process where you will not send it CMRRR) and wait up to 35 days for the results of the their investigation(s). Be sure to handwrite this letter and use personalized stationary. If your med collection is deleted, you're finished.

PRE-HIPAA MEDICAL DISPUTE LETTER

Message 2 of 13
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Yes I did.
Message 3 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

After the CRAs received your pre-HIPAA medical dispute letters, did the CA ever send you a complete and accurate validation of the debt? You said the collection is paid, is it also reporting as paid?
Message 4 of 13
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Yes it is being reported as paid 0(zero) balance, in all CR's.

All the CA sent me was a Statement of the account. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Statement of the account? What was on the statement? Was the OC's info on this statement?
Message 6 of 13
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Yes, statement of my account faxed by the OC to them. This account shows all the money I paid till it got Zero(last was a bulk payment).
Message 7 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, final question (I hope).Smiley Happy After the OC received your HIPAA letter, did you send the follow-up letter below to CRAs CMRR with a copy of the green card from the HIPAA letter?

FOLLOW-UP DISPUTE LETTER TO THE CRA

Message 8 of 13
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Yes, they sent the name of the CA. That is it, nothing else.
Message 9 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Oh, darn, more questions. On your reports, is the collection marked as disputed by consumer and verified. Is the collection on all three reports?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.