Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unapid Medical Debt , But Can't Pay In Full

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unapid Medical Debt , But Can't Pay In Full

I had a child 3 years ago, missed $42 worth of insurance payments and ended up with $5k in med bills.  I've been paying the CA a little every month.  My insurance should have covered b/c I made a payment the week I had the baby, but it did not.  I need these off my report so I can get a private education loan.  I don't have the money to pay off the whole debt.  Some of the things are paid off, but the same CA somehow has ALL of my bills from the doc and the hospital.  The CA does not appear to be updating to CRA's that my balances are going down.  What should I do? CA is also a law firm and I'm sure they will sue if I get difficult (I'm in law school and CANNOT get sued or will have probs. w/ bar app.)
Message Edited by fused on 05-03-2009 04:55 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unpaid Medical Debt , But Can't Pay In Full

Welcome to the forum!

Are you saying the original debt that was reported on your reports totaled only $42, then ballooned to 5K in three years? Do you have proof you paid the OC before this went to collections?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.