fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: quick HIPAA question

You're welcome, good luck!
Message 21 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

ok so today i received my green card in the mail from the CA. I have fashioned together the letter to the 3 CRA's but i have a question. can i just include a copy of the green card in the CMRRR or do i have to include an actual copy of the letter i sent with it? this whole process is getting expensive!! it's around $15 to send mail CMRRR and this will be my 2nd round : (

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 22 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Just copies of the green card is fine.
Message 23 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

alright, so i made copies (front and back) of my green card and now they are off in the mail today as soon as i get done with work!

hopefully the next post you receive from me will be one of success!!! oh boy do i hope so Smiley Very Happy

FUSED: U ROCK SOO HARD YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! your advice is TRULY appreciated and i know i'm not the only one with this sentimate

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 24 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks! This gig is a lot of fun.
Message 25 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

alright, i preceded with scenario 3 at the end of last week. my CMRRR's to the CRA's probably didn't go out in the mail until this past monday the 13th. so, today is friday and i would assume that the CRA's should have gotten my CMRRR letter already. i have yet to get any of my green cards back in the mail yet.

i'm really not THAT impatient, just wondering what to look for in the future Smiley Wink

do the CRA's have 30 days to respond to my letter with this step-do i wait until then?

how will i know if my medical collection is deleted from the CRA's? do they send me a letter stating so or do i just have to keep checking the dispute pages on their websites?

i'm kinda nervous wondering if they will be deleted or not since i've had to go through all these steps so far and with no luck...

also, if/when the medical collection is deleted, would i need to wait a month or so to see any changes on my FICO scores? (if there is any change at all...)

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 26 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

blondie_keen wrote:

alright, i preceded with scenario 3 at the end of last week. my CMRRR's to the CRA's probably didn't go out in the mail until this past monday the 13th. so, today is friday and i would assume that the CRA's should have gotten my CMRRR letter already. i have yet to get any of my green cards back in the mail yet.

i'm really not THAT impatient, just wondering what to look for in the future Smiley Wink

You have to be patient, fixing credit takes time.

do the CRA's have 30 days to respond to my letter with this step-do i wait until then?

They have 30 + 5 days for mail =35

how will i know if my medical collection is deleted from the CRA's? do they send me a letter stating so or do i just have to keep checking the dispute pages on their websites?

They usually tell you, but you should check your reports. You might want to sign-up with a credit monitoring service. Credit check total allows daily pulls.

i'm kinda nervous wondering if they will be deleted or not since i've had to go through all these steps so far and with no luck...

also, if/when the medical collection is deleted, would i need to wait a month or so to see any changes on my FICO scores? (if there is any change at all...)

No! Once the baddies are deleted, your scores update immediately.

Message 27 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

alright, just an update. not much to report really though. i finally got the last green card in the mail from EQ just two days ago...over a week after i received the other two, not sure why, but no biggie.

i checked my TU online report but there has been no new activity as of today and i have NOT gotten an EQ score alert yet either

i probably won't post back until after the 35 days the CRA's have in which to research this last dispute of mine, which will probably be the middle of May.

hopefully, i will have some good news to share before then, otherwise i'll have to bug FUSED again-haha ; )

what a long, arduous process, but hopefully i'll have a positive outcome and score increases in my future-wish me luck everyone!!!

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 28 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

ok so i actually have a real update now to share! i got home from work today (after my previous post) and found a letter from EX!!!!

all that was included was my credit report-STILL WITH THE MEDICAL COLLECTION ON IT!!!! i told myself it was probably a long shot since EX is hardest to delete, but it still stinks. the date on the letter was april 20th, so i went online to check the status and got my report from today (25th) and they were exactly the same.

my question is this-can i continue with the next step (which would be what btw?) or should i wait to receive letters back from TU and EQ??

thanks again!!! i KNOW i will eventually succeed, just hope it doesn't take forever and a day....

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 29 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

checked the mail today and i received two letters from TU. the first one explains the results of my dispute-VERIFIED AND NO CHANGE! it is still on my report Smiley Mad

the second letter from TU states there was an additional enclosure i provided, however their office did not receive it. they ask me to re-send it....i know for a fact that i did include a copy of the green card so i have no clue what they are talking about.

i still have yet to hear from EQ- things aren't looking good...

FUSED-what is my next step??

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.