Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick HIPAA question

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: quick HIPAA question

Lets wait for EQ to respond. Once they do, if they do not delete, we need to see how these collections are being reported. After all of this disputing and follow-up with the CRAs, lets see if the collection is properly notated. If its not, you'll want to file complaints against the CRA and the CA with the FTC. Maybe a complaint against the the CA with the BBB might be in order too.
Message 31 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

alright, got EQ's response in the mail today-VERIFIED and no change.

now, i didn't do all the HIPAA steps correctly i don't think tho so i'm not sure what my next step should be.

instead of sending my pre-HIPAA letter CM, it got sent CMRRR. also, it was typewritten but was the font and color were acceptable i believe.

i don't want to complain if my ducks aren't in a row...WHAT SHOULD MY NEXT STEP BE?

very disappointed this process is not working in my favor yet, but hopefully, one of these days ; ) 

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 32 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Check all three of your reports (reports from the CRAs, not myfico reports) to see if this collection is marked as "disputed and verified".
Message 33 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

i'm just a little confused.

the letter from EX included my complete credit report (where the dispute was marked verified) so why would i need to pull another one?

the TU website dispute login process says my account was already disputed and verified back in february and the date on the viewable credit report is april 2 where it says it was verified in feb of 09

the EQ website is not giving me a free report and is asking me to call an 800 number for one but they one page report i received in the mail from them just on my medical collection states it has already been verified...

how do i get free reports that have a pull date of now to make sure i get the most up-to-date file to check???!!!

ps. also i went to the FTC website to look into their online dispute/complaint process, and that's another headache in itself. i would be disputing with the CRA's and not the CA right though??? also, what exactly am i disputing since there are multiple boxes one could check? is it that the CRA's didn't investigate my complaint or what....

Message Edited by blondie_keen on 05-01-2009 07:34 PM
MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 34 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Ok! You have proof your disputes have been verified on EX and TU. Once you find out about EQ, then you should proceed with FTC complaints against EX, TU and maybe EQ if they do the same as the other CRAs. The complaint you file with the FTC is not another dispute with the CRAs. Your complaint with the FTC should be that the CRAs did not properly investigate your disputes, so check that box.
Message 35 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

ok i will start the complaint(s) with the FTC tomorrow-good to know!!. what happens once that is done though? does the FTC make the CRA's delete my med collection or do they do their own 35 day investigation?? do i need to send the FTC copies of my HIPAA steps??

all this stuff is very much confusing me-but i'll keep trusting u FUSED!!! : ) 

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 36 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

well, i did it. i did the online complaint against all 3 CRA's with the FTC. now, i guess i'll just have to twiddle my tumbs until they are done with their investigation.

i didn't fully understand the whole process, but hopefully they got the gist of why i was complaining in the comment box at the end. 

i just complained that they didn't reinvestigate my dispute and that i followed the HIPAA process with no removal of info since the CA no longer had a business relationship with me. i also included the CA's information as listed on my credit reports.

do i also file a complaint against the CA to the FTC-i know FUSED said maybe...

also, FUSED mentioned complaining to the BBB-not sure about doing that either....

I JUST WANT THIS STUPID COLLECTION OFF MY REPORTS!!! AHHHH what a mess. sure has taught me a lesson tho haha

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 37 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Sure, you can file complaints against the CA with the FTC and BBB.
Message 38 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

alright so i fired off two more complaints today! lol

one to the FTC against the CA

and

the other to the BBB against the CA

i really hope they know the HIPAA process b/c i was having a heck of a time trying to use it in my defense. i just kept saying it was PAID and that they didn't do their jobs getting back to me and/or investigating properly since i have no business relationship w/them so they can't report my medical issues/collection....

here's hoping this works. everyone cross your fingers (and toes) for me haha

i'm now 4 months into this process-ugh!!! good thing i'm not trying to get a loan huh

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 39 of 43
blondie_keen
New Contributor

monday i received a letter in the mail from the BBB regarding my complaint against the CA reporting my paid medical collection. hopefully that will get it deleted from the 3 CRA's for good now. the CA has so many days to respond, and if they don't, well i'm not really sure what happens-anyone know???

have not heard anything yet from the FTC though. there is a number i can call however in order to get some sort of status update, maybe i'll call that number sometime this week.

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.