cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex gold card and 1.99% APR for car loan..

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Amex gold card and 1.99% APR for car loan..

went on a date with a guy and he paid the bill with Amex gold card i believe.. I am not quite sure since I am not a member of amex family.. I know for sure its amex, and looks yellow/gold.. Does this card require good credit to obtain?

never applied for a lone.. 1.99% apr is a wonderful rate?

the person is 31 currently..

side note....

actually.. it doesn't seem hes interesting in me much.. i am only posting and asking because i am kinda depressed now after the date.. so figure i'd find something to distract myself..

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex gold card and 1.99% APR for car loan..

@Christina_xyt wrote:

went on a date with a guy and he paid the bill with Amex gold card i believe.. I am not quite sure since I am not a member of amex family.. I know for sure its amex, and looks yellow/gold.. Does this card require good credit to obtain?

side note....

actually.. it doesn't seem hes interesting in me much.. i am only posting and asking because i am kinda depressed now after the date.. so figure i'd find something to distract myself..

Based on your sig, you have a Fidelity Amex...  Hopefully you find someone with an AMEX platinum next time...i kid.. Smiley Happy

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 2 of 9
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

side note....

Dont worry I can take you out next time.  We can go watch planet of the apes and eat a nice luxurious meal after.

Message 3 of 9
MT936
Established Contributor

Any amex requires good credit but I believe their revolving credit cards are harder to obtain (amex blue, amex everyday,etc.) The charge cards (green,gold,platinum) are easier to obtain but to answer your question, yes he does have good credit. 1.99% is also a wonderful auto loan rate indeed

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 4 of 9
Drash
Valued Member

yes  he has good credit the gold cards are issued to people with good credit. That was a charge card  and you pay your balance in full on the due date i know this since i have  one and i guard my credit religiously.

drash
Message 5 of 9
Drash
Valued Member

@MT936 wrote:

Any amex requires good credit but I believe their revolving credit cards are harder to obtain (amex blue, amex everyday,etc.) The charge cards (green,gold,platinum) are easier to obtain but to answer your question, yes he does have good credit. 1.99% is also a wonderful auto loan rate indeed

ffffffffffffff

for a 21 year old to have good credit like that is remarkable n top of that a student am  impressed!

drash
Message 6 of 9
MT936
Established Contributor

thanks drash 

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 7 of 9
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

side note....

Dont worry I can take you out next time.  We can go watch planet of the apes and eat a nice luxurious meal after.

lol.. sounds like a plan..

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 8 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Drash wrote:

@MT936 wrote:

ffffffffffffff

for a 21 year old to have good credit like that is remarkable n top of that a student am  impressed!

They stated 31. Not 21 lol

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.