Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Lease

tag
cdub69
Regular Contributor

Broken Lease

Me and my wife are getting a divorce in Texas.We had a home that we were leasing.We separated and my wife left the home before our lease was up.Now we both have a collection of $5000.00 on our credit reports.Since she has terrible credit she said would assume this debt.Is it possible to put that in our divorce decree and have this collection deleted from my report?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Broken Lease

@cdub69 wrote:

Me and my wife are getting a divorce in Texas.We had a home that we were leasing.We separated and my wife left the home before our lease was up.Now we both have a collection of $5000.00 on our credit reports.Since she has terrible credit she said would assume this debt.Is it possible to put that in our divorce decree and have this collection deleted from my report?

Yes ... and no.

While it certainly is feasible to have the divorce decree to find her liable for the debt, this canot bind the original creditor.  Unless the original creditor agrees to remove you from the account / debt, there is, unfortunately, not much you can do to get this off of your credit report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.