Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgeting Works.

tag
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Budgeting Works.

Took me about four months after getting married to wrestle my wifes finances away from her. She was in the five digits when it came to her debt.

After implementing the Snowball Effect that Dave Ramsey loves so much and actually doing it, after one year and two months my wife is making her final payment on her car tomorrow after she got all her credit cards down. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Budgeting Works.

Amazing.. Congrats and good job!! Keep it up.

Message 2 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I love stories like this. Good job.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good work!

Now, to google this snowball effect of which you speak...

Message 4 of 8
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

How resistant was she to your helping her get out of debt that you had to "wrestle" her finances away from her?  Smiley Happy

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 5 of 8
loyalsudz
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! Awesome!  I used the DR snowball to get rid of my debts like 2 years ago and it is such a good feeling to be debt-free and living below my means.  I applaud you for leading your wife to a better financial situation.  It will just give you so many options when you do not have to worry about the burden of debt.

Message 6 of 8
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Very. She said she didn't want me to judge her. Which wasn't the case, lol. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 7 of 8
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Enjoy! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.