Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score and Dating....

tag
kwinks
Regular Contributor

Credit Score and Dating....

Is it wrong that once a person i am dating mentions having bad credit I immediately become less attracted to that person and slowly turn around and run away?

is it wrong that having good credit is at the top of my checklist in what I want in a partner?

i just feel like its so wrong, but I can't help it. When I see a guy with a good credit card I become intrigued....i don't care if they are poor or whatever, its just good to know they take care of their finances. 

Sorry about the rant.  I just went out with a guy who said he can't get a credit card now because of his history......what a curve ball.....all I could think about the rest of the night was going home and taking off my heels. 

Message 1 of 110
109 REPLIES 109
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Score and Dating....

LOL sorry but this made me laugh.....!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 110
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Nothing wrong with that. I have read several articles recently talking about how the new thing is asking about a person's credit on a first date. Seems like good motivation to get your financials in order.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 3 of 110
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kwinks wrote:

Is it wrong that once a person i am dating mentions having bad credit I immediately become less attracted to that person and slowly turn around and run away?

is it wrong that having good credit is at the top of my checklist in what I want in a partner?

i just feel like its so wrong, but I can't help it. When I see a guy with a good credit card I become intrigued....i don't care if they are poor or whatever, its just good to know they take care of their finances. 

Sorry about the rant.  I just went out with a guy who said he can't get a credit card now because of his history......what a curve ball.....all I could think about the rest of the night was going home and taking off my heels. 

OMG!  I can feel your pain. 

Message 4 of 110
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

I know a girl who exchanges credit reports after a couple of dates...

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 5 of 110
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. I have read several articles recently talking about how the new thing is asking about a person's credit on a first date. Seems like good motivation to get your financials in order.

So, you are saying......

If this girl meets a great guy with a credit score of 800 and they start a wonderful relationship, they sit around a fire with a nice glass of wine comparing cards and APR's. They eventually are engaged and he buys her ring with his Visa Black Card but pays in full before the statement hits. Everything is grand!!!

6 months down the road, she loses her job while she is trying to care for her father who is dying of cancer. Now she must support her mother as an only child. Financial disaster has hit home.....She loses everything and her credit has hit bottom. 

It now makes it OK for him to call of the engagement?

LOL Smiley Happy

Ok I am not dating any woman that weight over 112 pounds!!!!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 110
agent_bob
New Contributor

I personally think that there's nothing wrong with that. It just shows you that you know what you want. In fact it could be a good thing. You know the qualities / characteristics of what you see in a person that you could potentially end up with for the rest of your life!

@kwinks wrote:
all I could think about the rest of the night was going home and taking off my heels. 

& the first thing you did is post on here Smiley Tongue

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 7 of 110
eviLution
Established Contributor

I really don't look for much in a girl. She just needs to be a part of NFCU so I can join too!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 8 of 110
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

I really don't look for much in a girl. She just needs to be a part of NFCU so I can join too!

HAHA ROFLMAO

*8/10/13
Message 9 of 110
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@eviLution wrote:

Shaking my head! 

Message 10 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.