Did you mean: 

Credit Score and Dating....

tag
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Score and Dating....

@09Lexie wrote:

@eviLution wrote:

I really don't look for much in a girl. She just needs to be a part of NFCU so I can join too!

Shaking my head! 

Cat Embarassed

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 11 of 110
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Love the taking my heels off...part Smiley Wink

What she is also trying to say is that a guy w bad credit is irresponsible, and it is a bad sign of what he can also do or did with his life. Credit history stays in a computer for 10 but cheating or stealing is not so " easy" to find out. Even into yeara of marriages. I think having an ok credit and up should not bother anyone. Bad credit yes
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 12 of 110
eviLution
Established Contributor

Can a girl really see herself being proposed to by a guy that is financially unstable? You can't really see that with a guy that's not putting much effort into his future. If anything, you're gonna be engaged with this guy for 5 years and then he adds on another 5 years because he's not handling his expenses right.

That means no house, no reliable car, and he probably won't be able to provide for your future kids.

It's not wrong to run away at all. It's best that you should run away as fast as you can before he knocks you up because he knows you got good credit. Cat Wink

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
Message 13 of 110
toppers555
Established Contributor

I wouldn't mind being asked as long as I don't get the goldigger feeling from it.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 14 of 110
dodfire
Valued Contributor

I have to disagree....this is insane. What has the world come to? Years ago it was all the hype about basing relationships on "LOOKS" and now we are pulling credit reports?? Talk about a materialistic relationship!! WOW I would NEVER EVER want to have to support a woman like that!! 

I mean do we not take into account WHY this guy has bad credit??? Or is it now that if someone has poor credit you are less of a person? Life is full of its ups and downs and can afffect ANYONE - let me tell you folks, when you start judging others based on such superficial things...be prepared to meet....KARMA!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 15 of 110
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

Can a girl really see herself being proposed to by a guy that is financially unstable? You can't really see that with a guy that's not putting much effort into his future. If anything, you're gonna be engaged with this guy for 5 years and then he adds on another 5 years because he's not handling his expenses right.

That means no house, no reliable car, and he probably won't be able to provide for your future kids.

It's not wrong to run away at all. It's best that you should run away as fast as you can before he knocks you up because he knows you got good credit. Cat Wink

+1. This is exactly right. It gives you an idea of what she'll have to deal with if they get married. Dating is one thing, but having a husband with screwed up credit makes a lot of other things in life a lot harder.

If you're not financially compatible and both on the same page, the relationship is a disaster waiting to happen. This isn't a fairy tale when love conquers all and nothing else matters. Real life is a lot more complicated than that.

The challenges faced by people today are difficult enough with 2 people working towards a similar goal. When you have 1 working towards it and the other is a boat anchor, difficult becomes virtually impossible. There's nothing wrong with wanting to avoid that scenario.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 16 of 110
myjourney
Super Contributor

Its ok until divorce and she wants half the miles and rewards points.....Woman Surprised

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 110
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

I have to disagree....this is insane. What has the world come to? Years ago it was all the hype about basing relationships on "LOOKS" and now we are pulling credit reports?? Talk about a materialistic relationship!! WOW I would NEVER EVER want to have to support a woman like that!! 

I mean do we not take into account WHY this guy has bad credit??? Or is it now that if someone has poor credit you are less of a person? Life is full of its ups and downs and can afffect ANYONE - let me tell you folks, when you start judging others based on such superficial things...be prepared to meet....KARMA!!! 

Completely disagree with this, and it's not about materialism. This isn't dating in your teens. If you're a woman who is say 25-30, having to deal with his crappy credit for the next 5-10 years makes things like starting a family (and having a place large enough to start one in) can be a deal-breaker. There's nothing shallow in wanting to be a mother who is able to provide certain things for her child.

She can't control what her husband does after they get married, but she can definitely have a good look beforehand and decide whether she wants to be a part of that. That's what intelligent people do. The stupid pretend it doesn't exist and therefore doesn't matter.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 18 of 110
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. I have read several articles recently talking about how the new thing is asking about a person's credit on a first date. Seems like good motivation to get your financials in order.

So, you are saying......

<snip>

No. Those are extenuating circumstances.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 19 of 110
eviLution
Established Contributor

We all know that life is full of ups and downs, but I'd prefer to be with someone who actually tries to get back up instead of just laying there.

If the person have tons of collections and don't ever plan on paying back. Guess what? They're gonna end up borrowing from you and can you guess who's not gonna get their money back? lol

Message 20 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.