Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score and Dating....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score and Dating....

Honestly, I don't think so at all. My boyfriend is fabulous and I know I'll marry him, but he has NO credit at all and it absolutely kills me. He's in graduate school now, but once he's done, I'm going to want to buy a house and stop wasting money on rent. I push him all the time to at least get a credit card, but he's completely content with his credit union checking account. I think he's honestly scared of debt. He's super responsible and has impressive impulse control (I don't), so if I can handle it, I know he can. It drives me crazy! If he doesn't have at least some credit history before he gets out of school I just might kill him. 

Message 101 of 110
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

I'm with the OP. I'm a single 32 year old woman and, as such, I am an adult. I have definitely made credit mistakes in the past which are nearly all cleared up now but I had to want to get there. If I was dating a man my age or older and he simply didn't care about his financial situation, I would assume he also didn't care about his future...with me or anyone. Saying "my credit sucks but I'm working on it" is one thing. Not knowing your credit score and ignoring phone calls and letters is another.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 102 of 110
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:

I'm with the OP. I'm a single 32 year old woman and, as such, I am an adult. I have definitely made credit mistakes in the past which are nearly all cleared up now but I had to want to get there. If I was dating a man my age or older and he simply didn't care about his financial situation, I would assume he also didn't care about his future...with me or anyone. Saying "my credit sucks but I'm working on it" is one thing. Not knowing your credit score and ignoring phone calls and letters is another.

That was hilarious Robot LOL

Message 103 of 110
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

I'm not picky, I just want a wonderful woman who has credit scores similar to mine, knows what her FICO scores are, and is a full member of USAA so I can get their insurance!!

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 104 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@itguy_65 wrote:

I'm not picky, I just want a wonderful woman who has credit scores similar to mine, knows what her FICO scores are, and is a full member of USAA so I can get their insurance!!

LOL.  Don't we all buddy.

Message 105 of 110
Drash
Valued Member

And he was starting to look like old shoes ,right?

drash
Message 106 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eviLution wrote:

I really don't look for much in a girl. She just needs to be a part of NFCU so I can join too!

HAHAHAAH!!!

Message 107 of 110
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

I don't care if my girl doesn't know a thing about credit, as long as she hasn't taken on any ridiculous amount of debt (student or credit) that she can't pay which would mean she has bad credit. No credit is okay in my book, there's a place for people who don't ever borrow money and hence never use their credit score for anything.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 108 of 110
Fox342
New Contributor

Kwinks, I totally agree with you.  When I go out with a girl and I find out that she's filed bankruptcy or can't handle her finances it's a total turn off for me.  It's smart to want to date someone that's good with money.  I like that you wear high heels too.  Maybe we should meet.  Smiley Happy

"The borrower is slave to the lender."
(EQ: 820) (TU: 827) (EX: 815)
Message 109 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be picky while you are young.  As you get older (like me), the requirement is that he has a pulse! Smiley Happy

On a serious note,  I told my daughter as she was dating to make sure that she dated guys who had good credit.  I felt it showed her they were responsible and maturing.  He at least would be able to buy a house with her.  I wanted my baby girl treated right!1!  While my daughter was fantastic with money, paying her bills and making sure that she had good credit, my son had credit and was just stupid with it.  He didn't think mama knew anything and he was just so smart lol  I let him fall flat on his face.  He learned from his mistakes the hard way.  He has almost recovered from it credit wise and his goal is to now buy a house.  For me, well I married a man who filed bankruptcy 4 years ago.  He is a phenomenal guy who went through a divorce and came out on the bad end of it.  

Bottom line is - Credit can be fixed, a bad personality can't.

Message 110 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.