Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW annoyed by my credit talk.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DW annoyed by my credit talk.

I treat accumulated points as a "bucket for future fun" and I tell my DW all about it. The better she does in matching the correct card to the spending scenario, the larger and faster this "bucket for future fun" gets.

Large bucket means a free trip to Paris, London, Rome, Singapore Smiley Happy

Small bucket means a free cheeseburger at the local fast food chain Smiley Sad
Message 21 of 41
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I'm not married, but my partner of almost 4 years couldn't care less about which purchase goes on what card. It's frustrating, but I'm not going to loose a second of sleep worrying about an extra 1% here or there. One hundred or two hundred dollars a year isn't worth a ruined evening in my book. 

Message 22 of 41
wilde6
Established Member

I agree and I have calmed down. On the bright side my DW has seen the light we just received our first discover statement with $232 in cashback! My csp is at $74 in rewards and I'm not 1/2 way through my first statement. All for money we were going to spend anyway. My DW now gets it with a occasional missed swipe here and there and that's no big deal.

Again thanks to all for the advice and allowing me to vent.
Message 23 of 41
iced
Valued Contributor

@wilde6 wrote:
I agree and I have calmed down. On the bright side my DW has seen the light we just received our first discover statement with $232 in cashback! My csp is at $74 in rewards and I'm not 1/2 way through my first statement. All for money we were going to spend anyway. My DW now gets it with a occasional missed swipe here and there and that's no big deal.

Again thanks to all for the advice and allowing me to vent.

Those numbers mean you're running at least $7,600 through the two cards this (each) month, and that's assuming around $3,000 of it (the CSP spend) was all dining/travel. If it was, you're much better served with the CSR rather than the CSP.

Message 24 of 41
wilde6
Established Member

I was considering the csr but the af was a bit more then I am comfortable with. We had a higher than average month on travel/dining due to mothers day and birthdays. I will do the math after a year and see if I can justify the high af.
Message 25 of 41
iced
Valued Contributor

@wilde6 wrote:
I was considering the csr but the af was a bit more then I am comfortable with. We had a higher than average month on travel/dining due to mothers day and birthdays. I will do the math after a year and see if I can justify the high af.

If an average month is $1,000 dining/travel, you'll come out $185 ahead on the CSR over the CSP each year after the AF. Don't let the $55 difference in AFs scare you.

Message 26 of 41
wilde6
Established Member

Your right I was thinking the travel credit was just for flights but I just saw it is also for hotels. The only other issue is my DW is an au which would cost another $75 af. Which also covered if I spend at least $1000 a month 🤔. I wander if they would allow me to pc to the csr.
Message 27 of 41
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

So long as you’ve had the card for one year and one day and have a credit limit of $10,000 you shouldn’t have any trouble product changing.

Message 28 of 41
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Every single person I know, my spouse included, is far less interested in credit stuff than I am.

So I come here Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to tag alone.

My wife is on point, took me a few months but got it done.  Now, she's smart about which card to use and when.  If i was starting to have issues when i was talking to her about it, i would had stopped, not worth it.  I think you got enough advice lol.

Anyways, did you upgrade?

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.