Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Free Finally

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Free Finally

Congratulations @Gmoney144 . Well done. You are going to make people jealous.

Message 11 of 15
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Just giving other people here motivation.   Being debt free is a load and stress I didn't realize  I had.  Never paying interest on Credit cards again!!

Business Cards
Message 12 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Gmoney144 wrote:

So. for the first time in 22 years I'm debt free.  I paid off Credit cards, student loans and a car loan   Still have a mortgage so technically not debt free. It took an near life threatening injury to alter how I looked at finances.  While recovering, I happen to browse these forums and 4 years ago I went to work to correct my financial status. First, I divided 15k in CC debt between 2 of my DW no interest CCs. Next I paid of my car in 2 years. Last, I paid off my student loan debt that was over 100k.  It was not easy and there were minor setbacks but we persevered.  Some things I would do differently at an early age?  Take a personal finance course in college.  I think it should be a requirement at a university. Attend a state or public university. I went to a private college and the juice is not worth the squeeze if one's majors in a non tech or science( as I did).  Maximize your 401k matching fund and start a business.  That is what Ive learned in the 4 years. Thanks to everyone for the great advice given. 

Congratulations on achieving this milestone.

Next step is to get rid of that mortgage some day.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 15
OniStringer
Regular Contributor

Man that's a good feeling to finally have. Been there once, its very nice!

Started with LOW 500s - Actively rebuilding as of early 2019
//
Message 14 of 15
teekay629
New Contributor

Congratulations! This is huge and so worth it to have that feeling of freedom!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.