Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gave my GF my BOA cash rewards...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gave my GF my BOA cash rewards...

a few months back i gave my cash rewards to my gf even though she pays me all every i want my card back.. should i keep her letting her use it... i mean i get cash back for whatever she gets.. but idk if just to stop using it for a while. to report a 0 balance for a few months. any help ?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gave my GF my BOA cash rewards...

how much utl is she using?

Message 2 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Well if you trust her enough to give her the card outright, if you're applying for something and want to manage the reported balances that'd be a reasonable thing to grab the card for probably with an explanation.  Beyond that there isn't a whole lot of point, balances reported are pretty meaningless unless you need the credit report for something (or unless the utilization is extreme, just having a random card report $0 doesn't matter much in and by itself).

Really this is what AU's were designed for anyway.  

        
Message 3 of 18
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

If you want it back ask for it back, any reason works, its your card.

Yeah shes paid because you are still together, if that changes its usually pretty hard to get the money.

or you could,

Call and report the card lost and cancel it have a replacement sent to your house.

Tell the GF there was a fraud charge so you had to close that card.

Then either tell her you decided not to get a new card sent out or that your keeping it with you now, worried about fraud or that you just would rather she not have it.

If shes got good enough credit she can get her own anyway.

Good luck

Message 4 of 18
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Once you give people something and they get accustomed to it, it is hard to turn if off again. Feelings of distrust, resentment, why etc start coming out and you have a fight on your hands, it is sort of exercising power/control over someone when you can give and take at will without any reason for taking it back. If all is well, leave it alone.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would make sure the limit is not too high on the card, or get an amex with like 1k limit as an au and give her that, and ask for the other one back, or report it lost.-

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeing as it is your card, if you want it back.....ask for it back. She might be paying you for the charges, but what happens if one day she stops?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies

her uti is no more than 10% specially since she pays me all every two weeks even if we are super mad at each other.

she now my amex gold. since i need to put spend on it. and with this card she is very aware of her spending. might give her the csp soon. 

i guess i learned that i can trust her with my cards. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like have everything sorted to be honest.

And I was going to recommend you give her one of your Amex's as an AU so you could apply a spending limit and also help her with her credit too!

My fiance and my Mom are both AU with my CSP and I know I can trust them, but the spending limit on the Amex is a nice little precaution if you have any doubts.

Message 9 of 18
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Why doesn't she have her own credit cards?  I personally wouldn't want to rely 100% on anyone specially when they can willy-nilly take it all away like you wanted to do in January. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.