Re: Guy Send Woman INVOICE After Meal and Threatens Collection

I saw that one, too.
The invoice cracked me up, because he threatened collections after. 😁
Message 3 of 28
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Sheesh!

Sorry but both my sons have been raised to PAY THE BILL.

You take a lady to dinner, YOU pay, even if it's just a friend.

In my little world chivalry is not dead! My sons open doors for ladies, elderly & disabled.

They take off their hat, they say "excuse me", please & thank you and yes, they pay the tab. 

AAgesturing-tip hat.gif

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dunno @Pika
I think the guy that sent the invoice was a total creep but the lobster scenario was a kid in school. His date ordered lobster and an $80 bottle of wine (he had a cheap bowl of pasta and his meal totaled $10).

I think people just seem out of touch with finances.
Message 5 of 28
fuzzle
Regular Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Sheesh!

In my little world chivalry is not dead! My sons open doors for ladies, elderly & disabled.

They take off their hat, they say "excuse me", please & thank you and yes, they pay the tab. 

AAgesturing-tip hat.gif

sheep to the slaughter, you see many girls being raised as "ladies"?

Message 6 of 28
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@fuzzle wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Sheesh!

AAgesturing-tip hat.gif

sheep to the slaughter, you see many girls being raised as "ladies"?

Nope, in fact I don't.. It's sad..

But I live by the motto: You can't justify your bad behavior with somebody else's bad behavior. 

That's what I tell my boys when they start making excuses.. 

I don't have any daughters or I guarantee they would be ladies.

We gotta start somewhere- so I make the difference where I can..aaa blow kiss.gif

Message 7 of 28
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

I agree that the person who extends the ivitation pays the bill. The guest should take a cue from his/her host. If the host recommends the PBJ that's the price range. A guest who orders from the top of the menu is very rude unless encouraged to do so.  If you must have the filet split the tab.

I love lobster. Spaghetti and meatballs drive my inner child wild. Either would be a great choice as long as it does not stress the finances of the host. Common courtesy. 

Message 8 of 28
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I dunno @Pika
I think the guy that sent the invoice was a total creep but the lobster scenario was a kid in school. His date ordered lobster and an $80 bottle of wine (he had a cheap bowl of pasta and his meal totaled $10).

I think people just seem out of touch with finances.

She may be a high-maintenance fool hoping for a sugar daddy to make her the trophy wife she sees on TV, but he's guilty in this one too:

1. Know your affordability before you pick the place. You're asking someone else out to dinner, which means you have a lot of control over where you offer to take him/her. If you can't afford a $200 lobster and wine, don't take them anywhere that serves $200 lobster and wine. Paying for the meal, including something a little crazy on the menu, is the cost of admission when you try to woo someone you don't know at a fancy restaurant. If I took a girl out and she ran up a $2,000 dinner, I'd pay for it and never ask her out again.

2. He asked her out for a second date. He knew her mannerisms from the previous date and was willing to subject himself to that again. He doesn't get to be mad when he got rejected after being unwilling to pay on the first date.

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced +1 👍
Totally agree. But the guy sending the invoice?! 😂😂😂
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.