Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guy Send Woman INVOICE After Meal and Threatens Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guy Send Woman INVOICE After Meal and Threatens Collection

@Pikaboo-icu
So much for equality...I can't rock 6" stilettos and a mini skirt.

Seriously though I can relate, my wife and I work opposite schedules. We feel more like single parents at most times. Basically there is no room for traditional gender roles. It bothers me when people insinuate that dad's aren't as nurturing as mothers. The whole mama bear concept amuses me as well...get between me and mine if you want to know what a force of nature really means.
Teach our kids respect for others and the rest will follow. Either way I can't help but feel like the individual in the article was failed by their parents in this regard.

As far as chilvrery I was speaking more the historic context than the modern take on it. I acknowledge that to most it's based it's portryal in books and movies. The dark ages were actually pretty crappy, go figure.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I vote for you to wear a miniskirt and stilettos!!

Just a warning... it's not as easy. Haha
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I dunno @Pika
I think the guy that sent the invoice was a total creep but the lobster scenario was a kid in school. His date ordered lobster and an $80 bottle of wine (he had a cheap bowl of pasta and his meal totaled $10).

I think people just seem out of touch with finances.

First off he should have ordered the bottle of wine and then he would have had control over the price and he should know how much a dinner at a restaurant costs at a restaurant he takes a date to.  Rookie mistakes.  And him having a cheap bowl of pasta is his own fault.  He could have ordered whatever he wanted.  If you dont' like how much she spent on dinner the correct thing to do is pay for the dinner and then don't go out on a second date.  

But if he made her pay for her half he shouldn't have expected a second date. 

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is just too funny and insane all at the same time lol! In Cali, you step out your front door that's already at least forty bucks in the making whatever the heck it is you're doing or going let alone on a date heheh.. Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reminds me of a bit from a very old comedy routine, I want to say Chris Rock, can't recall, someone funny anyway.

They were talking about how women will put on the breaks the instant the man says something stupid.

Sorry if it offends sensibilities but the line was something like just shut your mouth and don't talk if you don't have to. If she hears something dumb those panties are coming up quick and she's out the door.

And the camera pans across the audience and some of the women are laughing and pointing at some dopey guy next to them, the rest are rolling their eyes like Chris Rock is right, I'm going to leave you after this stand up show.

I didn't read the article in op seems like click bait, but I wouldn't put it past them.

By them I mean lawyers and its all USA not just California. Delaware and every other dump has the same litigious problem. It's a side effect of the constitution and bill of rights and freedom.

If you ever need to go to court you'll be grateful for the privilege, many will never experience a society as free as that, though not perfect.
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally not click bait or it would've been flagged. Jut seriously funny 😊👍
Message 26 of 28
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Unless you're dating at Denny's or McDonalds, most restaurants have a large price range of items on their menu.

And speaking of dating etiquette, it's is extremely poor etiquette to order the most extensive item on the menu if you aren't expecting to pay.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Short version: Years ago, I took a former co-worker bowling. (I know enough not to butter my bread where I earn it) We met up with a couple of my friends. She was all over one of them. When we went to the counter to pay for the lane I told her her share was half. She paid. Never saw her again. Didn't care.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.