Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guy Send Woman INVOICE After Meal and Threatens Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guy Send Woman INVOICE After Meal and Threatens Collection

On my first date with my fiance I asked to share (mind you we had known each other a little in high school and reconnected 12 years later so I felt a tad more comfortable asking to share)! I knew they were going to serve me more food than I could handle and I wasnt craving anything specific so we shared! When he didnt act like I was a nut... I knew he was the one! Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sing probably a good thing you married him and didn't get sent to collections. 😉
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooo yeah... I dont make totally bad financial decisions! Haha
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dating-related collections lol... Smiley Mad

Tell me something: Do guys even hold the doors open for the ladies anymore or is that a lost art of yesteryear?

Message 14 of 28
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

I will speed up, or slow down to keep the door open enough to allow a random female through the door without having to open it themselves. This includes opening the door from the opposite side and stepping out of the way to allow them to fully pass through the door before I go through it.

Sadly, DW and I don't get to go out together enough for me to quickly recover those memories of my actions. Processing... I usually open the door and allow her to pass first if the door comes towards us. If the door opens away from us, I usually go first and move slightly out of the way to allow her to also pass.

Welcome to the Carolinas.

I'm sure not every man here is like me, most of them are too busy thing about sportsball. My wife occasionally tells me the ladies at her work will be complaining about <insert sporting event here> and ask her how I am about <sport/event>, expecting her to commiserate. They are in awe and surprise (and maybe lust? Who knows? A guy can hope, right?) that I don't care anything for any sports.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@fuzzle wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Sheesh!

Sorry but both my sons have been raised to PAY THE BILL.

You take a lady to dinner, YOU pay, even if it's just a friend.

In my little world chivalry is not dead! My sons open doors for ladies, elderly & disabled.

They take off their hat, they say "excuse me", please & thank you and yes, they pay the tab. 

AAgesturing-tip hat.gif

sheep to the slaughter, you see many girls being raised as "ladies"?

Nope, in fact I don't.. It's sad..

But I live by the motto: You can't justify your bad behavior with somebody else's bad behavior. 

That's what I tell my boys when they start making excuses.. 

I don't have any daughters or I guarantee they would be ladies.

We gotta start somewhere- so I make the difference where I can..aaa blow kiss.gif

The one who ordered the lobster and wine actually asked HIM out, not the other way around. I try to be as chivalrous as possible in my ventures, but there is a line that can be crossed... My last date was at a restaurant that went from $8 burgers to $30 steaks. We were both happy to get the burgers and drink tap water, and I gladly paid as I helped her put her jacket back on and made sure to open the building and car doors for her on the way out, as I did on the way in. (We broke up for other reasons.)

Message 16 of 28
Kree
Established Contributor

I'm reminded of a time when more upscale establishments would print 2 menus.  A menu with prices for males, and a menu without prices for females.

Message 17 of 28
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Dating-related collections lol... Smiley Mad

Tell me something: Do guys even hold the doors open for the ladies anymore or is that a lost art of yesteryear?

The best thing I learned from my ex wife was to open doors for the lady.   That talent served me well after wife became ex. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must be odd then. As a man I will hold a door for anybody...it's just a nice thing to do. I have never felt the need to make an exception for women. I will however go out of my way to get doors for the elderly, parents with small children, people with disiblities, pregnant women or anyone struggling with packages. As far as I know none of the women I've dated have comlained about having to seat themselves or open a car door on their own. It would have been a short relationship had they...but I like women who are independent.
As far as paying the bill, I think whoever does the invite should pay bill unless agreed upon otherwise.

Also the historical concept of chilvery wasn't based on equal rights, women were considered to be weaker and therefore required help. The honor that came with chilvrery would have been largely reserved for the nobility.
Message 19 of 28
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I must be odd then. As a man I will hold a door for anybody...it's just a nice thing to do. I have never felt the need to make an exception for women. I will however go out of my way to get doors for the elderly, parents with small children, people with disiblities, pregnant women or anyone struggling with packages. As far as I know none of the women I've dated have comlained about having to seat themselves or open a car door on their own. It would have been a short relationship had they...but I like women who are independent.
As far as paying the bill, I think whoever does the invite should pay bill unless agreed upon otherwise.

Also the historical concept of chilvery wasn't based on equal rights, women were considered to be weaker and therefore required help. The honor that came with chilvrery would have been largely reserved for the nobility.

While that may be true, it isn't how I see it nor how I taught my sons to see it, I assure you.

I am not weaker than a man, I am different but just as strong- perhaps in different ways. Different but equal.

My husband was gone ALL the time for business for 20 years, I was the mom and dad in many ways.

I can repair a roof, install a new dead bolt, cut & install new wood flooring and so much more.

Yet I can rock a 6 inch pair of stilettos and a mini skirt too. LOL

To me, what I taught my sons was more of honoring a lady.

My husband says I am his "precious" and that's how I want my boys to view their future wives.

I don't view men holding the door for me or offering to change my tire on the roadside as insinuating I can't do it or that I'm weaker. I view it as considerate, gentleman like and yes, chivalrous.

Manners & being considerate of others has become the exception to the rule..

It's a sad thing, being polite was once the norm.. 

cheersgif.gif

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.