Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi ... my name is Trix and it's ...

tag
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Hi ... my name is Trix and it's ...

... been 3 minutes since I've last checked the new messages in the Forum.  The thing is that my frequent visit to the Fico Forum is starting to really bother my DH.  He thinks I spend too much time on here.  I've tried to explain that everything I'm doing here is to help us get a house.  Not only have I been working on my stuff, I've been working on his stuff too.  He likes the benefits -- successful PFDs and GWs that have led to him getting approved for the first card he's had in years.  However he's upset that all that I am learning and doing to benefit us is taking a lot of time away from him.

Is anyone else in the same boat?  A partner who doesn't understand the attraction/benefit/addiction to these boards?

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Hi ... my name is Trix and it's ...

Haha I get this from my DW about once a week. Someone in the house has to be responsible and its me. It took her a few months to get on the same page with me on a budget. Sometimes that seems to just be how it is. She is coming along (slowly) but moving in the right direction. Sometime it takes time.

Message 2 of 16
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Your on that stupid fico forum again?  Thats all I hear.  Well if it wasnt for this forum i wouldnt have gone from zero credit to over 10k in credit in over a year.  My reports would still be a mess and colonel sanders wouldnt loan me a chicken.

They ought to teach this forum starting from seniors in high school.  This forum is a proper example on how to manage credit and use it wisely and what to do and how to do it with your reports and what not.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 16
beb86
Valued Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

Your on that stupid fico forum again?  Thats all I hear.  Well if it wasnt for this forum i wouldnt have gone from zero credit to over 10k in credit in over a year.  My reports would still be a mess and colonel sanders wouldnt loan me a chicken.

They ought to teach this forum starting from seniors in high school.  This forum is a proper example on how to manage credit and use it wisely and what to do and how to do it with your reports and what not.

Thank you haha Im so glad im not the only one... except my DW calls it fiko haha...im like yes thats why you have horrible credit and I just bought you this house on my credit.......I do love her but she is a work in progress bahaha

Message 4 of 16
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@trix_r_4_kids wrote:

... been 3 minutes since I've last checked the new messages in the Forum.  The thing is that my frequent visit to the Fico Forum is starting to really bother my DH.  He thinks I spend too much time on here.  I've tried to explain that everything I'm doing here is to help us get a house.  Not only have I been working on my stuff, I've been working on his stuff too.  He likes the benefits -- successful PFDs and GWs that have led to him getting approved for the first card he's had in years.  However he's upset that all that I am learning and doing to benefit us is taking a lot of time away from him.

Is anyone else in the same boat?  A partner who doesn't understand the attraction/benefit/addiction to these boards?

hey trix your DH should be giving u the biggest kiss and hug. He likes the benefits but what about the hard work to achieve the benefits. My DH said the same thing at first now he comes to me and say what's new on myfico lol Your DH will come around.

Message 5 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My husband doesn't get upset, he just looks over, sees that I'm on the Kindle...  He asks, "Whatcha doing hun?"

Me: "Messing around on my forums." 

Him: "Ok..."

When I'm sitting on the couch or going to bed he brings the forum to me Smiley Wink (brings me my Kindle)

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 16
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

My girlfriend smiles when she catches me and says your ridiculous! Lol
BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 7 of 16
FrugalRican
Blogger

Thanks to the MyFico forums, I was able to build credit, delete an unsuspecting nasty, and become more responsible with my overall financial being.

She thought the forums were poisoning my mind though when I applied for a Barclays NFL Card. I stated that I could easily get a $400 statement credit and we could use that for groceries/misc shopping since we were moving in together. She "harrumphed" at me.

So last week when we were going nuts on my Barclays and using the statement credit... she gave in to the poison of these forums.

Time will prove the fruitful decisions you make to be the best ones.

But everything needs balance. Even relationships and FICO forums.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Been married 21 years, wife comes in, reads a few posts over my shoulder, asks me what her credit score is and goes and gets a cup of coffee.  Yup, that's about it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 16
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Are you serious?  He sounds like a winner.  Insecure too.

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.