Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding Off A Commited Relationship

Valued Contributor

Re: Holding Off A Commited Relationship

@iced wrote:

@Backwoods wrote:

If money is keeping from a committed relationship what else will it do? Avoid going to the hospital and having a life saving operation because you don't want to pay the deduct? Walk to work every day? Work all the holday overtime?   All the money in the world is not  going to buy you happiness and companionship  when you get older.   You cannot take it with you.  I have seen others in the same line of work as DW and myself do everything to cut corners and cheat their employees.  They have terrible reputtions as etxreme   tightwads. Interesting enough I think karma comes back on them because we out sell and out net them every year and several have folded and we took over their business clients. 

Dw and i simply ask how we would like to be treated. 

Hey now, some of us pay a premium to live somewhere where we can walk to work (and everywhere else we need to go) every day!

I actually knew some one that walked over 5 miles a day each way to work because they would not spend the money for car or bike,  come snow or rain or gloom of night they walked.  When I lived in the big city I lived 2 blocks from the train station and did walk some time depending on weather.  But you know what I mean who walk miles for no reason

Message 31 of 34
Established Contributor

@Backwoods wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Backwoods wrote:

If money is keeping from a committed relationship what else will it do? Avoid going to the hospital and having a life saving operation because you don't want to pay the deduct? Walk to work every day? Work all the holday overtime?   All the money in the world is not  going to buy you happiness and companionship  when you get older.   You cannot take it with you.  I have seen others in the same line of work as DW and myself do everything to cut corners and cheat their employees.  They have terrible reputtions as etxreme   tightwads. Interesting enough I think karma comes back on them because we out sell and out net them every year and several have folded and we took over their business clients. 

Dw and i simply ask how we would like to be treated. 

Hey now, some of us pay a premium to live somewhere where we can walk to work (and everywhere else we need to go) every day!

I actually knew some one that walked over 5 miles a day each way to work because they would not spend the money for car or bike,  come snow or rain or gloom of night they walked.  When I lived in the big city I lived 2 blocks from the train station and did walk some time depending on weather.  But you know what I mean who walk miles for no reason

I walk miles for no reason! Smiley Happy

I used to do customer visits around the world, and I would intentionally pick a hotel 1-2 miles from the offices just for the walking. Yes, it took me about 30 minutes each way, and yes I could have just taken a cab and expensed it, but I wanted to walk. Walking is healthy, and that's all the reason I'll ever need. I try to average 10k steps a day, and during vacations it ticks up to about 15k steps a day.

Message 32 of 34
Established Contributor

You know when you know, you know. 

Message 33 of 34
Established Contributor

I used to walk 1.5 miles to and from work each day to save money.

Then my company started paying for busfair and I now ride that most days, unless its really nice out

Message 34 of 34