cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am starting to really RESENT my husband with all the breath I have in me!!!

tag
devineer1
Regular Contributor

I am starting to really RESENT my husband with all the breath I have in me!!!

There is no accountability in this man... I mean he takes no responsibility for anything that he does, it is always everyone else and never his fault. I am fed up because I have had semi success getting my credit in order but am at a stand still all because I can not pay off my CC's! I am pi$$@) because I am constantly cleaning up things around here, and don't get me wrong I don't mind because it is for the house but when I have to take MY tax return that was meant for cc's  and pay other things that was clearly mishandled on his behalf!! UGH GOD AND MY SCORES ARE NOT HIGH ENOUGH TO GET A LOAN TO CONSOLIDATE!! oh well, I sit and stress over this all day and all night! I want a second job but have mommy obligations I really HATE HIM! UGHHHHHH

I am but a work in progress, taking one day at a time, learning to be more patient. In the Garden as of 12/01/15

Equifax 569
Trans Union 607
Experian 588

Goal to be at or over 650
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
bldmt
Regular Contributor

Re: I am starting to really RESENT my husband with all the breath I have in me!!!

Smiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 12
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: I am starting to really RESENT my husband with all the breath I have in me!!!

I'm in the same boat with my GF at least once a month.  It get's old.  I have planned on leaving here many times, Just keep waiting for her to get ahead and join in the goals... it never happens.

Hang in there and keep your $ separate if it helps. Start a spreadsheet and chop the bills in half and hold his wallet accountable for his mistakes.

gl for sure.

edit: I better mention she is wired different than myself and credit is definitely not a priority for her.  Her bills are paid on time (besides student loans) but has no desire to build a file.

Maybe they just don't have it in them.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@devineer1 wrote:

There is no accountability in this man... I mean he takes no responsibility for anything that he does, it is always everyone else and never his fault. I am fed up because I have had semi success getting my credit in order but am at a stand still all because I can not pay off my CC's! I am pi$$@) because I am constantly cleaning up things around here, and don't get me wrong I don't mind because it is for the house but when I have to take MY tax return that was meant for cc's  and pay other things that was clearly mishandled on his behalf!! UGH GOD AND MY SCORES ARE NOT HIGH ENOUGH TO GET A LOAN TO CONSOLIDATE!! oh well, I sit and stress over this all day and all night! I want a second job but have mommy obligations I really HATE HIM! UGHHHHHH

That is some serious emotion. I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your husband. I'm not sure how difficult it would be, but I would probably separate my finances from him if I could. I am a big fan of separate finances anyway. Sounds like you are in a rough spot. I wish I could give you some help with it, but I just don't have the words. I wish you the best of luck.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughter had similar problems and ended up divorcing her husband. Although this was not the only issue, it was a big one. Hoping things turn out better for you.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time for a divorce

Message 6 of 12
IOBA
Senior Contributor

nt.

I had a relationship similar years ago. He spent, spent, spent.  Not his fault his ccc charged him an over the limit fee.  Not his fault his ccc charged him to raise his credit limit at his request.  He never cared.  

He expected me to take care of 4 children (foster), take care of the house, and work to bring home at least 80k a year in an area where minimum wage was the norm.  (At the time, the area was very rural with the ONLY fast food place in town was McDonalds and the only store to shop for clothes and households was Walmart.)  The income from foster kids was not very much at all and he kept it.  To make 80k a year, I would have had to drive a minimum of 2 hours one way to get to work.  (Again, rural area.)  I was expected to purchase all of the food in the house, pay for any car gas I used, maintained the vehicle I used (it use to be mine, completely paid for, but he took the title and put it in his name.)

When I did get a daytime job (making minimum wage) that gave me the flexibility to work while the kids were in school (ages 6-16), I socked away as much money as I could.  He found out 4 months into the gig and got me fired.  (He physically prevented me from showing up to work.)  

Long story short, I started selling off all of my possessions, we literally ran out of food in the house, and I refused to do into debt to pay the bills.  I started doing any kind of work, even if it was below minimum wage, to get money.  I still paid for food but got to the point of buying little at a time.  I got out of there.  I literally had the clothes on my back.  Rented a room to start with.  (Foster kids, for a variety of reasons, left.)

After I left, he kept bugging me for money.  For a short period of time, I continued to buy groceries (there was one kid left), but I stopped.  He needed some money for something.  I told him to borrow it from his family, cash out his investments, or cash out his retirement fund.  Of course, he refused and told me his mom wanted the money back that HE borrowed to buy me an engagement ring.  Uh, that was years prior and the ring cost $130 not the 1k he wanted.  Instead, he learned to forge my signature to get credit.  (Nightmare.  Decades later and still finding stuff popping up.)  He eventually took out a retirement loan.  He eventually lost his house.  He eventually lost his job.  (The kid was long gone before then.)

In my mind -- I have kids now and a stable relationship -- part of mommy obligations include providing a safe, stable, comfortable place for kids to grow up in.  My kids learned how to budget, how to save, and how to manage their money.  They learned about needs and wants.  Do you want your kid(s) growing up around financial tension all the time?  Anger and hatred?  Learning that there are no devastating consequences to free spending?  Repeating it's not my fault, but someone elses?  Kids often repeat the behaviors they experience/they witness/they live as they grow up.

If your finances are not already separate, make them separate.  

If your hubby and you have any joint cc, cancel them.  Have cc in your name only that he is NOT AU.

If you have joint bank accounts, close them.

Change the beneficiary for your bank accounts and other assets, to include life insurance, to your kids. 

Get a will done that states your kids inheriet everything from you - nothing to your husband.  And list a guardian to manage things if the kids are under 18 yrs old.

Save up, get out.  Or kick him out.  

If you have a mortgage/house, get the buggers name off the deed as soon as possible.  If he's not in the deed, he can't borrow against the house.  (The x I mentioned above?  We had a joint house.  He was constantly refinancing behind my back and pull out thousands in cash.  I got myself removed from that too.  He pulled approximately 300-350k out of the house over the few years that real estate went bonkers.  The house was foreclosed on.  And I always made extra principle payments.  It really hurt to walk away from the house, but my insanity and my safety was more important.  It was a while before I could get to the point of buying again.  And ya know, I have never made 80k a year, but that is ok.)

You can always come here and vent.  We listen.  Many of us have been there.

Message 7 of 12
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I'm self employed with a average income of 190k? Give or take.. My GF likes to spend and spend when it's unnessisary, at times it can be frustrating. it's normally always on her credit because she's in the 740's+ and I'm in the 670's.. It'll go up since I'm getting my lates removed. But I hate having to go and clean up every balance on her cards every month. I convinced her to get a CSP, I never said charge 15,000 on it in 2 1/2 months! I love her to death but it can get to be much. Recently I've vocalized how I feel about the finances and what I plan to do.. She stopped doing those things and asks me before making any unnessisary charges. Try vocalizing your issues, it can go north or south from there.
Message 8 of 12
Officer737
Established Contributor

My ex is an ex for a reason. I work 2 jobs usually. If she didn't want to work (she was a waitress) then she wouldn't and I would have to cover every bill we had including her shopping trips. Thimgs got too tight money wise and I started working a third job and any OT I could on my primary job. At one point I was wake for 72 hours straight working. After I was told I wasn;t doing enough to support the household (seriously???) I got to thinking about things. I got out but not before losing more than $40,000 in cash, 3 houses and 5 vehicles and everything I had including items my dad gave me before he passed away. All this over the course of 3.5 years. Never will that happen to me again!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, me on the other had, I let my fiance do whatever she likes.  She is the love of my life and the most beautiful and gorgeous girl in the world.  I would give her a 11/10.

Her credit is not the best so I pay all the bills.  I may be glutton for punishment but love is blind.

I have also been paying off her CO so her score would shoot up.  She is an AU on all my cards, bank accounts, CMA, retirement, trust and everything under the sun.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.