Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money differences = dealbreaker?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Money differences = dealbreaker?

The purse comes first!

Would only ever consider marraige contract for a woman of 800 fico 8 and more liquidity than myself.

Have many reasons number one is most of my friends who tried marraige are divorced, some more than once, and I don't enter into any contract, unless the conditions are favorable to me.

How anyone could even date someone poorer than themself, it always ends the same.

I hate the credit ratings and how it forces us all to live, but I love how it shows you who's paying attention to it at least and concerned about their future.

Most women I meet treat me like an atm, not attracted to that (and I don't have dough to waste on gold diggers).

Didn't read any of this thread don't know if I repeated anyone sorry if I did, *just my two cents

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The purse comes first!

Would only ever consider marraige contract for a woman of 800 fico 8 and more liquidity than myself.

Have many reasons number one is most of my friends who tried marraige are divorced, some more than once, and I don't enter into any contract, unless the conditions are favorable to me.

How anyone could even date someone poorer than themself, it always ends the same.

I hate the credit ratings and how it forces us all to live, but I love how it shows you who's paying attention to it at least and concerned about their future.

Most women I meet treat me like an atm, not attracted to that (and I don't have dough to waste on gold diggers).

Didn't read any of this thread don't know if I repeated anyone sorry if I did, *just my two cents

Good Luck!

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol thanks, more chance of hitting the lottery!  (lottery is less of a false construct than marraige imo)

Message 23 of 30
Andypanda
Established Contributor

What would worry me, is I have seen too many post on this forum of one spouse opening card in other spouses name and messing up their credit. the irresponsible spouse could easly get a hold of social secuity number, and other information to apply for card. It might be a bad sign for starting a marriage, but I would keep all 3 CR locked unless apping.

Message 24 of 30
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Andypanda wrote:

What would worry me, is I have seen too many post on this forum of one spouse opening card in other spouses name and messing up their credit. the irresponsible spouse could easly get a hold of social secuity number, and other information to apply for card. It might be a bad sign for starting a marriage, but I would keep all 3 CR locked unless apping.

It happened to my brother. He got an offer in the mail, but his wife snagged it and applied for a card in his name. Since she was home when the mail came and he wasn't, she was able to get card and max it out before he finally found out about it several months later. I'm not sure how he found out, but it might have been from a collections call. This was long ago, in the pre-web days, so there was no such thing as monitoring your credit report in real time. That was just one of many things that led them to divorce.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's too bad they are in a community property state. Otherwise it wouldn't have to matter, she could just lock her credit reports and not worry about being responsible for any stupid he does. 

My husband and I keep separate finances so that we don't drive each other crazy. My husband is the sort that won't buy milk because he has less than $1000 in checking but will pay $20 extra by deciding to pay the water bill late even though he had the money to pay it on time. I finally setup most of his bills on autopay because he was flushing a good $200 a month in late fees. His credit was still fine because he didn't let it get past 30 days, but, still, ridiculous waste of money. 

I would absolutely never move to a community property state with him.. lol

Message 26 of 30
jimmy2000
New Contributor

I don't blame her, and his actions seem very irresponsible. 

I'm scared of debt as well.  I'd be 100% in on the Dave Ramsey plan, but having a FICO score makes a lot of things easier.  So I still use credit cards, and pay off in full every month.  They need some pre-marriage counseling.  

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, I feel for your brother. But at least they got divorced before he had more debt to pay, huh?

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlaDude wrote:

@Andypanda wrote:

It happened to my brother. He got an offer in the mail, but his wife snagged it and applied for a card in his name. Since she was home when the mail came and he wasn't, she was able to get card and max it out before he finally found out about it several months later. I'm not sure how he found out, but it might have been from a collections call. This was long ago, in the pre-web days, so there was no such thing as monitoring your credit report in real time. That was just one of many things that led them to divorce.

Man, I feel for your brother. But at least they got divorced before he had more debt to pay, huh?

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlaDude wrote:

@Andypanda wrote:

Ouch. It's definitely nice that we can get real-time alerts to changes in our credit now.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.