cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Wife Is Financially Ignorant, Lazy and Inept. What Options Are Available For Me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Wife Is Financially Ignorant, Lazy and Inept. What Options Are Available For Me?

I don't know, I've read so many horror stories about spouses opening up lines of credit in each other's names.

One in particular, where a lady was divorcing her husband and just before the divorce, which she didn't find out until the divorce was finalized, that he opened up a few high limit credit cards in her name and maxed them out.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Wife Is Financially Ignorant, Lazy and Inept. What Options Are Available For Me?

My God, enough of the self-righteousness bantering.

You are reading too much into this.

Allow me to explain:

When I stated, "My wife could get the Chase Trifecta and add me as an AU."

What I meant was, her "POTENTIAL" credit is far better than mine and just by adding a tradeline or two or three and managing them properly, then she is in a better position to obtain Chase's trifecta.

I already have five secured credit cards, two credit-builder loans from two different local credit unions and a Self Lender loan, and my credit increase 178 point in just under seven months, and that's with numerous(17) students loans and a three-year old $2015.00 fradulant medical bill, from a medical billing company who goofed up and billed the wrong insurance, an insurance company I never told them I had and then refuse to bill my insurance company until it was too late, then three years later, they sent it to collections. 

The point is, I'm already over Chase's 5/24 rule and being that my wife only has a five year old cell phone bill, and a thin file, that with just a little effort her credit would skyrocket, therefore getting her feet into Chase's 5/24 door, get the Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and their Marriot card since we travel a lot.

Even, if I didn't express that, you jumping to conclusion is unwarranted.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again with the self-righteousness?

I'm sorry, these boards are here to assist members with making educated decisions, my handle doesn't describe me, nor does your handle describe you, and I wouldn't know you if you werew sitting next to me at a play or in a movie theater!

So, your complete stranger comment is asinine, as from the amount of help that's provided on MyFICO, I see everyone as family, even you.

Thanks form your concerns about my twenty year marriage, but I'm okay in that area.

Now, do you have any advice on how to reach my wife when it comes to actively buiding her credit?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.