cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My girlfriend is credit score **bleep**ed and I am a fool.

tag
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

My girlfriend is credit score **bleep**ed and I am a fool.

I had been led to believe in my relationship of fifteen years that my credit obsessive check all my scores daily, but only three year old history was carrying us snd she constantly led me to believe I had destroyed her credit when she was supporting my habits from a decade ago, and subsequently desperate and irresponsible behaviors were going on. Apparently not... I made her get an Experian account and wanted her to pay for full membership like myself. I finally checked hers today because while I have a perfect payment history, no baddies, PIF my 20k tradelines, and have double payments on my loan each month for my Ram 3500 for my business, I can't seem to get loans or anything else due to my self employment and business, in spite of having millions of dollars in easily sold tangible assets in my inventory, little good it does me without a warehouse that I lease myself, instead having to put things in five storage units and four meters high of 8000 square foot warehouse.

Every time I have applied for loans or certain credit I've been so upset about my singular reason for denial boiling down to, and most recently, my oldest credit line being too new: chase, ymmv and I hate you for making me garden for a year only to tell me I've applied too often recently when I have two inquiries and they are both from you... anyway she has been so wrong. I looked at her profile finally and she has a 620 score and looking closer there are only eight missed payments snd the newest ones are from five years ago snd can be goodwill lettered off for the card has recently been giving her clis and is good standing. She has two other cards of 500 and 300 which I can PIF and will report from 90 to 0 utilization percentage, and that will boost her at least fifty points, and finally her two collections: one is from nearly seven years ago when Verizon managers lied through their teeth about free iPad which we paid almost 1k for. Pathetic we will PFD easily. Then she has another she alredy paid and they have already sold it several times. We will dispute that with a certified mail with proof of having paid the debt because it was a guitar center financing account that had been paid in full and she didn't realize they sold non existent debt

her credit is 30 years old and has 39 accounts in good standing and exceptional payment histories from student debt to auto loans. I am so filled with confusion at how she could Not realize how easy this is to fix. She was always so angry when I tried to discuss it with her, and I assumed she understood basic principles, but she thought utilization is a good thing. I am so excited to see her likely clear 800 in a month or two from her current 620 and it will only cost me 1200 bucks.... we could've been getting loans years ago and she has neglected her credit or so she behaved as if she did. Luckily Amex and Wells Fargo haven't reported the thousands she owes and we are given opportunities to settle that and reopen her accounts.

warehouse loan and mortgage, here we come!!!'

don't let your partners will pessimism reinforce ignorance!

and don't make them feel bad. 

I'm so overwhelmed. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Re: My girlfriend is credit score **bleep**ed and I am a fool.

Hey she hung in there with you for 15 years. Cut her some slack. 

It is exciting that you may be able to take your business to the next level. And it's very decent of you to pay off her her cards and help with the goodwill and PFD letters. Since a mortgage and warehouse loan are in her future once her scores spike, maybe you should "go to Jared". 😁

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 2 of 5
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

I think you have misunderstood my tone completely. I have a sense of humor about the whole thing, but we have been struggling for a while since my credit is perfect but three years old and she has old credit but lots of little mistakes. It is my own fault for assuming this is somehow not prone to her usual self deprecating manner: it is unfortunate because she is usually an oherachieved in all other departments and this will be something she will laugh at later once we fix it. She is still skeptical and keeps saying "oh so my credit is ruined" every little thing I mention. I just paid off all her revolving debt and so it will update shortly and I'm really excited to ask Victoria's Secret for goodwill deletions on her late payments from 2015 ... I just can't wait for a month from now. She'll be so happy.

I don't take her or this opportunity for granted... suddenly things seem so much less impossible. 

Message 3 of 5
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

Oh I didn't see the second part of your message. My bad. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

Ohh... hmm 🤔 yeah fifteen years is pushing it huh? 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.