cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help! bought a car with boyfriend!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help! bought a car with boyfriend!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh boy... I knew where this thread was headed before I opened the thread.  Fact is, something like 50% of marriages don't work out.  The numbers on premarital relationships can't be much better.  Unless she's my wife or we are engaged, I'm not signing her name on anything that's mine.. The solution has been mentioned in this thread, BUT it's a huge pain in the ass.

@Anonymous wrote:

Get your keys back and sell the car. Since it says or instead of and, either kne of you can sell it.

Sell the car.  As much as it sucks not having transportation, it'll be much better selling the car than having him sell the car and sticking you with the loan.  Plus, you'll have fun shopping for new transportation, and will probably get better rates than when you first got the car.  best of luck!  Don't be too hard on yourself, but try to pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and learn from the experience.  And stop selfish {Mod cut}

/thread

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still have the car you guys. I tried to refinance in my name but I need yo wait until October. That will make one year.
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been hanging in there. Thanks for all of your advice! Love this forum.
Message 23 of 29
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Glad to see you're hanging tough and handling your bizness. Its always darkest b4 the dawn. Keep pressing forward.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I am hanging in there. Just paid off two of my cc's . quicksilver and Capital one is now a zero balance. They were both maxed out. Still working on credit one bal.
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your resopnse.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the point of posting a question- especially asking for help- was for positive/helpful/informative feedback. We all make mistakes, that's the only way we learn how to live in this world. So I could not get over your extremely ignorant and flat out rude comment. Maybe you should get a different hobby, or just keep your comments to yourself. Thank in advance!!

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your resopnse.

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the point of posting a question- especially asking for help- was for positive/helpful/informative feedback. We all make mistakes, that's the only way we learn how to live in this world. So I could not get over your extremely ignorant and flat out rude comment. Maybe you should get a different hobby, or just keep your comments to yourself. Thank in advance!!

@Anonymous,

Welcome to MyFico.  Whose post are you responding to?  To quote someone and respond directly to their post so that we can follow it, after hitting reply please quote that person thus...

Unknown.png

Message 27 of 29
CreditOCDinCali
Regular Contributor

What a jerk! I'm sorry that happened to you. I've seen women in similar situations whether it be from an ex - boyfriend or ex-husband, that's situations are not good. The only way I think to resolve this is by taking it to court. Retain a lawyer if you have too- your credit is on the line. In the future NEVER EVER co-sign for anyone.
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, sorry to hear that. 

it trully sucks depening on someone in situations like these.

my best advice is to try and make him sort of happy and stick with him for a while longer, and convince him to be taken out of the car tittle as it would benefit him. 

if he is a mommas boy then talk to the mother or dad and how he is trying to screw you over..

work your magic! 

and good luck! 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.